New Online Purchasing Laws

Ok my post was held for review - so let me try again. What I don't understand is how btc can help me to around the taxes or limitations for purchasing something abroad. What would be the advantage of btc over using a foreign (Australian, European ...) credit card? Isn't it at the end AFIP holding the physical shipment no matter how I paid for it?

it can't Juanito is just trying to push his distributed pyramid scheme. With less people throwing their money into the mysterious dodgy exchanges and ultimately bitcoin the price will fall.

Can i interest you in herballife or some avon products? you too can make millions selling stuff! :lol:

ejcot en argentina - you're entitled to your own opinion of course - but since most world governments have now finally been FORCED to accept the fact that the btc is here to stay and is in fact a CURRENCY I really don't understand where you are coming from in terms of calling it a ''pyramid scheme'' ? :) I am sure most people are capable of googling for themselves though so I won't bother posting a million different links to prove you wrong - you simply are, full stop :) Does the price/value of it have volatility and does it go up and down ? Yes :) What market is there where this doesn't happen ? As for Germano, yes, there are two different issues there - and there are ways to how things are packaged and labelled and intermediate addresses and all sorts of things that are theoretically possible but of course I would not want to recommend anyone to do anything illegal :) lol

I really love the judgemental ''money laundering'' comment from before. Its ''okay'' for xtina's govt to stop me from even getting the dollars I earn overseas out of a local atm when its MY money - its okay for them to literally create another corralito - its okay for them to continue to come up with more and more ways to screw me over or any other expat but when expats actually *have* more than one brain cell between their ears and come up with ways to get around these ridiculous and unfair restrictions etc. thats somehow a ''bad thing'' ? :)

Mmmmh - I understand the words involved here but not the concept :)

It's a pyramid scheme because the fiscal assets held in this distributed pyramid do not match up to the fictitious value assigned to the product or bitcoin.

On a speculative basis if you can get in and out and dont store any value in them long term i guess you're ok. Buying in foreign currency and selling in peso, but one day it will bite you on the 4rse, so small amounts and in and out quickly are best.

ejcot en argentina - you're entitled to your own opinion of course - but since most world governments have now finally been FORCED to accept the fact that the btc is here to stay and is in fact a CURRENCY I really don't understand where you are coming from in terms of calling it a ''pyramid scheme'' ? :) I am sure most people are capable of googling for themselves though so I won't bother posting a million different links to prove you wrong - you simply are, full stop :) Does the price/value of it have volatility and does it go up and down ? Yes :) What market is there where this doesn't happen ?

Its not a currency if anything its a useless commodity. Fundamentally a buggy proof of concept for a peer too peer distributed "value" exchange that a bunch of idiots have adopted and are pushing online.

It is a distributed pyramid scheme because the idiots who got in early and have thousands of worthless dunning-krugerrands managed to get the crappy main stream media tech blogs (who should know better) to start promoting it.

Then a bunch of idiots bought into it causing a huge rise in the price of them. It's basically a giant pump and dump scheme for a bunch of libertarian idiots.

To keep value you always need a new idiot to buy in and there are a limit number of idiots in this world.

I really love the judgemental ''money laundering'' comment from before.

There's a difference between the dollar blue using cuevas / transferring shares whatever and meeting dodgy guys in car parks / trusting them to put money into your account etc. Will be interesting to see if the local police force decide like the Americans to start arresting people for money laundering.

Previously (I believe) it worked it out between Mt Gox, Bitstamp and BTC-e - based on recent events with Mt Gox I would say its figures are no longer given much weight by the algorithms used.. Its never going to fully replace an expert manual trader of course. If it could I would be rich already - I have seen in the last month a dip all the way down to around the 100 USD mark at least once - someone cashed out to fiat at that point who then BOUGHT and simply waited for it to jump up back to where it is now even at 610 USD - well - the profit potential is pretty obvious :) Bottom line - I treat it as what it is - a ''black box'' - when I've sat cross eyed looking at the graphs long enough and feel there is an opportunity to do a worthwhile manual trade I will do that as well... That of course was not the initial plan - it was to have a fully automated system...

Bottom line: I know there will not be a lot of people who will agree with me here - but I see BTC as truly what I believe it is:
1. an electronic currency.
2. a means of exchange (currency conversion).
3. a trading instrument and investment ''stock'' or ''bond''...

Does it have its weaknesses? Yes. Does it work for me? Yes.

Previously (I believe) it worked it out between Mt Gox, Bitstamp and BTC-e - based on recent events with Mt Gox I would say its figures are no longer given much weight by the algorithms used.. Its never going to fully replace an expert manual trader of course. If it could I would be rich already - I have seen in the last month a dip all the way down to around the 100 USD mark at least once - someone cashed out to fiat at that point who then BOUGHT and simply waited for it to jump up back to where it is now even at 610 USD - well - the profit potential is pretty obvious :) Bottom line - I treat it as what it is - a ''black box'' - when I've sat cross eyed looking at the graphs long enough and feel there is an opportunity to do a worthwhile manual trade I will do that as well... That of course was not the initial plan - it was to have a fully automated system...

You don't know which exchanges your "bot" runs on? did you buy this bot from someone? :lol: Is this a website "bot" or a standalone program?

Bottom line: I know there will not be a lot of people who will agree with me here - but I see BTC as truly what I believe it is:
1. an electronic currency.
2. a means of exchange (currency conversion).
3. a trading instrument and investment ''stock'' or ''bond''...

Does it have its weaknesses? Yes. Does it work for me? Yes.

1. its useless as a currency as it cannot scale, is slow and has none of the protection real currency provides.
2. its only useful whilst there are idiots in Argentina who want to buy your dunning krugerrands.
3. its not a stock or a bond.

Can we go back to this 35% tax. When does the Government take the 35% for purchases, if the purchase is cancelled do they refund the money straight away. Please don't tell me they take the 35% and then give it back to you after 1 year when it is worth next to nothing !!

Back