New Property Law for non residents??

Attorney in BA

Registered
A few days ago treborbb posted a thread with the title "New Property Law for non residents BE WARNED", and said the following:

treborbb said:
Be warned, now the AFIP require if your a non resident and selling a property in Argentina, you will now need an Argentian national to sign a full power escritura taking liability for any taxes the AFIP may think you should pay over the next 10 years. Also as it has to be a full POA you will be giving them the right to sell, buy open, close bank accounts etc etc. So make sure it's someone you can trust as you lose total control over your property and of course your money. Without this in place you can't now get the permission from the AFIP to sell your property.
Treborbb

I have been searching since for this "new law" and could find no reference to it. The only thing I know if that could be anywhere near that is the AFIP Resolution 1375/02, which requires representatives of foreigners acting in Argentina to file certain information. It does not, however, create any special liability for taxes, or make it mandatory to grant a power of attorney, etc.; and it's not new, as it dates back to 2002.

Does anybody have more information on this supposed "new law"?

Attorney in BA said:
A few days ago treborbb posted a thread with the title "New Property Law for non residents BE WARNED", and said the following:

I have been searching since for this "new law" and could find no reference to it. The only thing I know if that could be anywhere near that is the AFIP Resolution 1375/02, which requires representatives of foreigners acting in Argentina to file certain information. It does not, however, create any special liability for taxes, or make it mandatory to grant a power of attorney, etc.; and it's not new, as it dates back to 2002.

Does anybody have more information on this supposed "new law"?

Since the OP provided no links and did not cite a specific Resolution (by number) I have serious doubts that such a law exists (or has recently been passed). Perhaps that's why the forum moderator closed the thread almost immediately.

There is specific tax information for foreigners on the AFIP website:

http://www.afip.gov.ar/english/taxInformation.asp

Can anyone recommend a good accountant to help me with my property taxes? I bought my place in 2006 and was just contacted by AFIP. What should expect to pay for this accounting service? many thanks!

danc said:
Can anyone recommend a good accountant to help me with my property taxes? I bought my place in 2006 and was just contacted by AFIP. What should expect to pay for this accounting service? many thanks!

Never heard of AFIP contacting anyone to ask for Tax!

Back