New Rental Laws Approved by the House/Diputados

A few couple good considerations in the proposed New Rental Law approved by Diputados. One can cancel a 3 year Rental Agreement with 30 day notice, no Penalty. The Landlord must return the 1 month deposit , actualized equal to the last rental monthly payment..! (if he believes everything is OK!)
I rented for 15 years at the end received the original deposit $500 pesos..!

$500 pesos was US$500 then....!!

A few couple good considerations in the proposed New Rental Law approved by Diputados. One can cancel a 3 year Rental Agreement with 30 day notice, no Penalty. The Landlord must return the 1 month deposit , actualized equal to the last rental monthly payment..! (if he believes everything is OK!)
I rented for 15 years at the end received the original deposit $500 pesos..!

I feel like I'm going to be stating the obvious here, but now what's the point of anything beyond a month to month contract for a landlord? If I was a landlord I'd just price the agreement the same as month to month, seeing as the contract term is completely useless.

According to the article published by Perfil, the tenant may interrupt the contract, without penalty, by giving a 90-day notice.
20 November 2019

Back