Temporary Rental Laws

Spfly731

Registered
Things change so much in Argentina. I was here a year ago, now I am back. I thought it would be good to get some input with current laws and regulations for temp and long term rentals. What rental agencies are still in business, which ones you have used and have worked for you. There is a lot of info on this site, but is very outdated. All input is appreciated.

i dont know about laws but ive looked at two temp rentals in the last two days and can tell you what they are asking for- usually its six months and you have the option to renew.

a couple are doing one monthers with 20% of the month's rent as commission for them. the six monthers tend to be asking for a month's worth of rent as their commission.

either length of temp rent asks for the first month and a month deposit. some are asking for like three months up front.

if the rent is listed in dollars, so far in my experience, they will let you pay in pesos at the rate of 6 to 1, so thats great.

i have had the best luck finding agencies by walking around the areas i like and just talkin to them- there are inmobiliarias on seemingly every street. also going to clarin.com's real esate and enbuenosaires.com . i havent had the best of luck on soloduenos but was thinking of tryin to contact some that are on the traditional rent pages and asking them if they want to do six months up front, and then try to get an escribano to write a good contract. but i kinda think anythin written here may as well be smoked upon signature...suerte!

Good luck to you. I am not looking, I am renting my place out. It has all changed so much since I was here last time - before dollars werent a problem... and the official rate and the blue rate were almost the same. So hard to keep up here. Thanks for the info.

Back