New rentista requirements: 2000 usd per person

If my math is correct the requirement of "cinco salarios minimos vitales y moviles" is more like 1800 USD at today's official rate, but if the inflation trend continues unabated it will be more like 1300 USD by year's end, so getting better.
Doesn't it only get better if the value of the peso at the official rate against the USD drops more than the salario mínimo increases? And get worse if it doesn't?

Doesn't it only get better if the value of the peso at the official rate against the USD drops more than the salario mínimo increases? And get worse if it doesn't?
You are right. I assumed they kept the salario minimo fixed. Are they going to update it periodically instead? When was the last time they did?

Are you saying the minimum to qualify for the pensionista will be calculated on the ANSES rate (70,938 at present), rather than the SMVM (87,987) at present?
Not me, I have a WhatsApp group with other colleges and former lawyers of DNM. I just quote their explanation on how this is going to work.

It took a couple hours to come up with a way for someone (like me) who has a monthly income in the USA that is well below the new requiremet ( about $1,420 USD) for the "Rentista Jublacion" in Argentina.

I would come as a tourist and immediately open whatever bank account I could and begin to transfer (I would use Western Union) at least $355.000 pesos per month or what ever amount is required for that month

At the present WU rate, that's less than $1000. (perhaps slightly more,depending on the WU fee).

Soon I would have two months statenments from an Argentine bank to submit to migracciones with my other docs.

Of course I could make the transfers for more than two months if that is necessary, but I woud want to bring my FBI report with me to submit before its 90 day limit ran out.

Anyone who can is most welcome to add to or shoot holes in this plan. 🤠

I would come as a tourist and immediately open whatever bank account I could and begin to transfer (I would use Western Union) at least $355.000 pesos per month or what ever amount is required for that month

At the present WU rate, that's less than $1000. (perhaps slightly more,depending on the WU fee).
Actually, it's closer to $750 USD, but migraciones could (and probably would) say, based on the official rate and monthly amount in dollars shown on the benefit letter from the SSA, that it simply isn't enough

Last edited:
It took a couple hours to come up with a way for someone (like me) who has a monthly income in the USA that is well below the new requiremet ( about $1,420 USD) for the "Rentista Jublacion" in Argentina.🤠

This sentecne should have included the words in caps:

It took a couple hours to come up with a way for someone (like me) who has a monthly income in the USA that is well below the new requiremet ( about $1,420 USD) TO QUALIFY for the "Rentista Jublacion" in Argentina.

Unfortunately, it looks like I have already shot down my own plan.
🤠

One of the holes in your plan is that it assumes the minimum is the ANSES jubilación (X 5) and not the (considerably higher) SMVM (X 5)

Bajo seems to be saying that it's the ANSES rate, but that is not what the Disposición says.

Back