New rentista visa requirements

steveinbsas said:
Even if you are able to meet the new requirements and renew your visa, just remember that an $8000 peso per month income would be subject to taxation in Argentina, and so would the assets you have that generate the income. Few temporary residents have paid taxes on their foreign income and assets in the past, but that may soon change with the higher income requirement. If and when you renew the visa you will be leaving a paper trail for AFIP to follow.
I would like to know more about the income and asset tax regime in Argentina. Does having a temporary visa, but yet being in ARG less than say 60 days per year, exempt the visa holder from ARG income and asset tax on world wide income? What is the threshold income level before the tax rate kicks in?

If you don't meet the requirements for any temporary residency visa in Argentina, then maybe you shouldn't be living in Argentina full time anyway ?

I am guessing most people would say the same about new immigrants to their own home country.

I don't think the OP posted here to receive your subjective opinion on whether he should be or deserves to be here. He gave information on his experience today, and asked for any further info people had on this matter. I'm sure individuals can decide their fate for themselves without you telling them if they're worthy or not.

Lol,

I wasn't actually opining about anyone in particular you silly bird. My statement was more in general. And I don't really care if you like my opinion, just as you probably don't like mine. But guess what ? We are both entitled to it, no matter how unsolicited it was. As you have demonstrated with your very hypocritical statement.

Dolly said:
I don't think the OP posted here to receive your subjective opinion on whether he should be or deserves to be here. He gave information on his experience today, and asked for any further info people had on this matter. I'm sure individuals can decide their fate for themselves without you telling them if they're worthy or not.

A predictable textbook insult in return. I'm a silly bird, you don't care about my opinion and I'm hypocritical - with the obligatory lol.
To the original poster - I hope you find some reasonable responses to your information. Because, yes it can be difficult to find the right answers to immigration questions, especially when the Argentinian Embassy in your home country told you that you had all the paperwork necessary. But previous posters are correct - you need the letters of confirmation from accountants in your home country and apostilled letters confirming income from your home country to continue your rentista application. Good Luck

Werd.

So are you going to STFU about it already or are you going to continue to whine ?

It's my personal opinion, deal with it.

If you can find a way to qualify for the residency visa, great. If you can't, you probably shouldn't be here in the first place.

No one here can help you falsify $ 2000 usd in monthly investment income. Either you have it or you don't.

AlexfromLA said:
Werd.

So are you going to STFU about it already or are you going to continue to whine ?

It's my personal opinion, deal with it.

Weird, indeed.

I see your "less is more" philosophy now applies to spelling and abbreviating obscenities.

Relax dude. I meant to spell it that way. werd = word. Please don't ask me to explain. If you didn't understand it's probably because you're much older than I am.

Now put your cape back on Capt ( I bet you're just as perplexed by this reference as well ). :rolleyes:

steveinbsas said:
Weird, indeed.

I see your "less is more" philosophy now applies to spelling and abbreviating obscenities.

Well, there is a lot of misunderstood about how to probe you full fit the requirement for rentista visa. The big issue is that the immigration agents have very low knowledge about law and it´s interpretation. Last time I was there I had to be very nasty and said, why should I be talking with you if you are not a lawyer. He understood and toke my papers.

The idea behind the rentista temporary residence (this is not a visa, please) is that you don´t need to work for living in Argentina. This is what you have to probe.

The fisrt option the law has is that you live from your savings. Of course the stupid immigration agents will tell you you must have a house abroad, to rent it and receive this money here. This is the second option but they believe the only one. For this reason is better to do the apply with a lawyer.

So, the irrevocable trust in monthly basis is not necessary. If you have savings this is enough.

Please, don´t complain about burocracy, we have the most open migration policy, if somebody wants to live in the state has to be illegal or to marry somebody. And in Europe, to invent a european grandfather.

Ok, about new requirements. 2000 u$s and you have to probe they come from legals activities. This is new and is related to decreto 616-2010 (this is an administrative law that "translates" the migration law). This new law is brand new, from 7.7.2010. You tax papers should be enough to probe that this money didn´t come under the table.

The decreto 616-2010 is all about more control, police powers to migration agents (now they can double check the info you provide, they can go to your places, etc) and deportation.

So, I suggest to abandon the idea about going to Colonia for ever and start applying for temporary residences. This new law specifies you can go and back to a place like Colonia once and after that they must deport you. Before this it was up the agent at Customs. So, it will take some time for them to organize it, but the situation has changed.

http://www.unhcr.org/cgi-bin/texis/vtx/refworld/rwmain?docid=4be2de512

Regards

Back