New to BA from Vancouver - Arriving 01Sep2010

harrisonba

Registered
Hola, I'm moving to BA on a six month trial starting in September, and hoping to have an authentic experience here.

I'd like to meet people who want to share a coffee, a meal, or a tour... and can offer tips to a newcomer (this will be my first visit). My Spanish is quite limited at this point, but I'm eager to learn.

I have arranged accommodation in San Telmo near the MOMA for the first two months, and will likely move to Recoleta or Palermo after that.

Two of the first things I want to accomplish when I arrive: find a reasonably priced Spanish tutor, and locate tango lessons for an *absolute beginner*.

My schedule is totally flexible as I work a reduced workweek, from home. I'm always game for galleries, coffee, shopping, architecture/photo tours and shop talk with other consultant/designer types.

Cheers!

Harrison

Hi there

I am from Vancouver too - just arrived in BA yesterday and am loving it.

We should meet up for a coffee when you are here.

What do you do in Vancouver? What brings you to BA?

Camilla

Hi Camilla, welcome! I arrive Wednesday September 1st after a few days in Santiago. I'm self-employed as a branding consultant/designer, and will be able to continue to work from home for my clients elsewhere in Canada... "home" has just moved a tad southeast.

Now don't laugh... I was first introduced to the idea of moving to BsAs by the book "The 4 Hour Workweek", which I read a few months ago. Earning CAD and spending ARP makes a lot of sense! Of course, there are many other great reasons too.

I look forward to hearing more about you over coffee after I'm settled in. What part of the city are you in? Cheers,

Harrison

Perhaps a Vancouver outing? I am living here with my brother, another Vancouverite ... and my girlfriend arrives on Tuesday - but she is from Calgary, so she can sit at an opposite table.

But we can go out for a beer and talk about the Olympics, X-Files, HST, peanut butter, etc.

Harrison, I have a Spanish tutor, and I may know of some others, perhaps we can discuss your budget and then I can suggest some things. If you need help with anything else, fee free to message me.

Bienvenido!

@erocifeller - sounds great. I will send you a private message. Peanut butter? You mean I won't be able to buy PB in BA? Aaaaaaggggghhhh....

Hello Vancouver folk, I live just south of the boarder in Bellingham, WA. I am flying down to BA on sept 7th and will be staying there for 3 months. I would love to get some coffee and here about good things to see and do.
Joe

What a coincidence. I am coming to Buenos Aires from Vancouver on September 1st as well for one month the look at a possible move to here. Would be great to meet up with some folks while I'm here. I'll be staying in San Telmo.
Harrison, I read Tim Ferris's book last year and it was partly the inspiration to travel to BA as a mini-retirement. Like to hear your insights sometime.

Also, I have a little space in my baggage for souvenirs. I can bring down some peanut butter if anyone is interested or a couple of other smaller items.

Thanks, Neal

Back