Just moved to BA from Vancouver, Canada

rcmedia

Registered
Hello,

I just moved here 4 days ago from Vancouver, British Columbia (Canada).
Living in Recoleta and trying to get to know the city better and hopefully meet some locals and expats.

Is there anywhere in BA to go watch NHL ice hockey games from North America?

Salute

PS - I am up for going for a beer at a pub etc. sometime if anyone is interested.
I am 42, single, straight and love rock music!

Casa Bar shows the big games (Olympics / Stanley Cup) -- not sure if they show regular season games though.

We're headed back to Vancouver for a 3 weeks visit tomorrow, will be nice be back for the holidays. Much snow on the local mtns yet? I don't think we'll make it up to whistler since we've got our 5 mos old baby with us, but it would be nice to at least get to Cypress for a bit of snowboarding.

You live in Van and your a bruins fan? Do you wear a mask when you go out? Haha ..I have found Sugar bar in Palermo Soho it's at costa rica and Armenia . I went there last Sunday to watch nfl games . No volume though which kinda sucks! Don't know about hockey yet. Would be nice to see my Nucks win!

Hi again... nice to meet you all :)

Syngirl --> The weather wasn't too bad back in Van last week when I left but I just heard a big cold snap is setting in and they think it will break records for freezing temperatures! Time to break out the parka and toque!

DmBailey --> Sure, I'd love to go catch a game with you at Casa Bar sometime... I'm available pretty much anytime to do that so just let me know. Where is Casa Bar located? *There is a game tonight vs. the Habs but I can't make this one as I have prior plans.. but there is another game this coming Saturday night vs. the Senators at 9pm BA time... interested in that one?

Roddossi --> you can listen to all the Canucks games for free on Team 1040 on the net... I've been doing that since I got here... and yeah, you would have to have a death wish to wear the Bruins jersey around Van these days!
I was downtown Van at my friend's condo during the riot this past summer... it was like a war zone from Beruit or something. I did not participate in the rioting of course, we just watched from my friends balcony as pillars of thick black smoke wafted skywards from between the skyscrapers and helicopters buzzed overhead and fires burned out of control... something I'll never forget.

Cheers
Rob

Hey up for a beer as well sometime...

but Hockey is not big here of course.. it will be hard to find it..... best bet is Casa Bar or Alamo but it would have to be a big game or when no other major sport is playing... good luck!!

Hi argsteve... nice to meet you too.
Believe it or not I found a bar once in Seoul, Korea of all places that showed NHL games... so I know if that's possible, pretty much anything is :)
I live 2 minutes from the Alamo... a bit of a gong show that place... what is the Casa Bar like?
Where is it located?
I'd definitely be up for a beer with you sometime... I was thinking of trying the Casa this Saturday night for the Canaucks game at 9pm.. not sure if you are a hockey fan?

Salute

Yes the Alamo is a little crazy............ casa bar is much better (I was there last night!) if you get there early and get a bar spot... it is a little hard to find... on rodrigez pena and sante fe search it up on the computer .... you have to walk in a doorway and up some stairs so it is sort of hidden....just worried that only have like 5 tvs on the 1st floor ... I think working off of 2 systems so..... I do not think you will get an NFL game or something changed to watch hockey.... but yes anything is possible....

Ok.. my prior engagement tonight has been postponed until tomorrow now.
Is anyone up for a beer tonight?
It doesn't have to be to watch a game either... frankly I'd rather sit outside on a patio somewhere in this heat lol.

Let me know :)
cheers

Back