New to BA - Ola!

Gringa_J

Registered
Ola! Que Tal? First of all can I just say, what an amazing website! I was reading a lot of the post's that were put up in the forum over the past few days, and they were just brilliant! I particularly loved the one on dating in Argentina. A topic that was discussed a lot amongst foreigners (and locals) when I was living in Brazil. Every country has these cultural boundaries, and the more time you spend in a country, the more you start to realise just how different these culture boundaries can be. Sometimes it can be a bit of a shock to the system, especially when you first arrive and are use to your own custom and cultures. Its nice to be able to share these experiences with others who understand the cultural differences, and to give people an insight into a different way of life. That, and to have the reassurance that you are not going mad lol. After spending the last 6 months in Brazil, the more time I lived there the more I noticed just how different the "dating etiquette's" can be. It was a great insight into a different way of life, and one that i really enjoyed. Keep the posts coming!

Anyhow, I just thought I'd say hello (G'day) to everyone. As you've probably already guessed, I'm Australian. I'v spent the last 6 years (on and off) traveling and living through various parts of the world. I'v spent most of my time in South East Asia & Asia, NZ, Australia & Brazil, but have also done a small amount traveling through Europe.
Probably one of the most crazy and amazing experiences I had was living and traveling throughout India. What an incredible country!

I arrived in this enchanting city two weeks weeks ago, after spending the past 6 months living in Salvador and Rio. I'm currently applying for jobs at the moment (fingers crossed), and if all goes well I hope to spend the next year or two (at least) in this beautiful city. What can I say, it was love at first sight.

I'm really keen to catch up and meet some new people who are living here (both Argentinian and foreigners).
So if anyone is keen to catch up for a coffee or a drink, or if they have any event nights where the expats get together , I would love to come along.

Also, on a separate note, does anyone by chance know how (online)/ or where I can go do unlock my LG phone? I didnt realise until the other day that it is locked to Brazilian networks.

Cheers Joanna :)

Hello and welcome! Sounds like a very lively few years you've had; perhaps I'll get the chance to hear a few of your stories when I arrive in BsAs too!

Gringa_J said:
...Also, on a separate note, does anyone by chance know how (online)/ or where I can go do unlock my LG phone? I didnt realise until the other day that it is locked to Brazilian networks...

Do you know what model it is? Unlock procedures vary a bit by make/model, but if you google the model name + "unlock" you'll almost certainly find something with a little digging. If you're not comfortable doing it yourself I'm sure someone here can recommend phone repair places in the city that'll do the trick for a fee.

Hi from an Irish Ex-pat living here. Yep, you'll love this place, and we are always getting together for tea and biscuits ;) - Well, actually its more likely to be beer and curry, but you get the message. Look forward to meeting you at one of these soon... Keep your eyes peeled...

.....hello - indeed Argentina is enchanting and Buenos Aires just sensational! However, coming from Aus you will be disappointed in the postal/phone system! Argentina is the only place in the the world my global phone does not roam!! I suggest you buy yourself a local SIM card and just use that. SKYPE is probably your best option for being in touch with overseas........ Hope it helps! and enjoy - Buenos Aires Que Belleza !!

Hello Joanna, how are you? I hope that you are fine.

My name is GUILLERMO, and I'm a Journalist who works into a Spanish newspaper here in Buenos Aires.

You seem a very interesting woman, and I would like that we can meet personally.

If you want to share a cup of coffee or a drinks with me, or if you want that I show you the city, send me an e-mail to: [email protected]

Well Joanna, I send you a big kiss and I wait your answer.

:):):)

Hi! I am arriving in BA 8/16...Cant wait to meet you all at some time in the near future..:)

Back