New to the forums, not to BA

ezequiel

Registered
Hi, I am new to the site, but not new to BA. Actually, I am from BA, but spent 14 yrs as an expat abroad.

I needed to get back in touch with those who feel like they belong everywhere and nowhere at the same time :)
Since I actually moved around a bit due to parent's job.

As for myself, I am from here, but sometimes feel that I am from so far away.

I'm an architect and photographer, running my architecture and design studio, and starting a new business dedicated to photography trips and workshops.

Hopefully I can help out those in need of some local's knowledge.

ezequiel said:
Hi, I am new to the site, but not new to BA. Actually, I am from BA, but spent 14 yrs as an expat abroad.

I needed to get back in touch with those who feel like they belong everywhere and nowhere at the same time :)

I'm an architect and photographer, running my architecture and design studio, and starting a new business dedicated to photography trips and workshops.

Hopefully I can help out those in need of some local's knowledge.

"As for myself, I am from here, but sometimes feel that I am so far away."

I find this an interesting post. I often wonder if people can ever really adjust to going back "home" once they have been away for so long. How long have you been back in BA? How would you compare Buenos Aires of today with the one that you left 14 years ago?

Welcome. I think the alien experience is interesting. I sometimes feel like I have no home country. When I got back to the States I walk the grocery stores and feel overwhelmed. Why type of photos do you like to shoot?

ezequiel said:

I absolutely feel the same way about where I am from. Except that I cannot imagine living there again (the specific city, that is). I've lived a few places, but this is the farthest from home that I've ever been. After this year is over, my husband and I will move back to the US, probably Miami. I guess that's the place we felt most at home.

It's interesting to meet another architect on the forum! I studied architecture and was working on my internship prior to moving here. Keep me in mind if you need any help with drafting, I have the whole setup here at home... AutoCAD and Photoshop and soon will have Revit installed.

Sorry for taking so long to reply, but I was away on a trip to Salta and Jujuy.

Soo many questions! haha.

Well, I left when I was barely a teenager, came back 14 yrs later, starting my own family, and been back for 3 yrs now.

The decision to come back was 100% personal, deciding one day to just come back. The main fact about living in Buenos Aires, has not changed from what I would want: that is the relationships between people, the freedom to do as I please, what friendship really means... and the opportunities this country has to offer. So I am happy. But, I do notice, way too often (but I also have noticed it in every single other country I've lived in) that those who are "citizens of the world" are able to analyze in a different way, are able to step away from things and see them from outside, have different tools to accept, tolerate, etc, etc. and I think that deep inside, maybe even different principles.

What photos I like to take... any, but I would love to live on nature photography... so that is what I decided to aim at with my photography trips and workshops.

Bianca, good to see other architects here! I'll write you a PM.

saludos,

ezequiel said:

---

Bienvenido! Another "repat" as myself. I believe it all changes when you start a family abroad and realize your children are going to miss out on one of our countries' biggest assets: family ties and friendship.

Saludos

Back