New To Xoom

saraleviathan

Registered
Hey guys,
Just made an account with Xoom and sent my first transfer. What's the deal with picking it up? I just choose any from their list of locations? I figured I'd go to the one in Retiro, as it seems the most accessible to me. But what are the hours like? I don't want to make the trip down there only to discover that it's closed on a feriado/after 3/on the weekend. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Dont know about the hours but, from my experience and from what I've heard, during the first couple of visits we spent a bit of time (half hour or more) while they checked our passport and entering us into the system. After that I was in and out in 10 minutes.
Also, I've had times when there were 3-4 people ahead of me and times when I had no wait at all.

Libertad 1057 is the only location in Capital Federal. And yes, they are closed on feriados. I think they have normal hours the rest of the week, but I could not find those anywhere.

Might be a silly question, but I can't seem to figure out how to receive Xoom transfers here as a US citizen? It seems like they ask for the address of the person in Bs As receiving the money and that is has to match your passport...my passport has my US address?? Any help would be appreciated! I am just interested in using it to get the better exchange rate.

Might be a silly question, but I can't seem to figure out how to receive Xoom transfers here as a US citizen? It seems like they ask for the address of the person in Bs As receiving the money and that is has to match your passport...my passport has my US address?? Any help would be appreciated! I am just interested in using it to get the better exchange rate.

You should be fine just putting your actual address here in BA. We've never had ours verified or questioned. I send money to myself regularly.

Libertad 1057 is the only pick-up location. They open at 9am on normal business days. I'm not sure of their closing time.

I was there yesterday and they were open until 1800, closed on weekends. There was a LONG wait - more than 1.5 hrs with about 20 people ahead of me and three windows operating. Make sure you bring your passport if you are an expat/tourist. I am a resident in BsAs but do not have a national identity card and they would not accept my Argentine driver's license or anything else. Should have known better. The current rate is 7.395 or something close to that.

Does anyone have personal/anecdotal experience of what it takes for an Argentine citizen with DNI to pick up money from Xoom?
My wife has one set of US docs with her married name here in the US on it (but no passport yet--not citizen). Then the whole slew of Argentine docs with her maiden name there. Would be sending the money from a joint US account that has her (married) name on it. Not sure if it makes a difference...my guess is that even as sending the money to her married name they'll only take US passport and not other ID documents.

Does anyone have personal/anecdotal experience of what it takes for an Argentine citizen with DNI to pick up money from Xoom?
My wife has one set of US docs with her married name here in the US on it (but no passport yet--not citizen). Then the whole slew of Argentine docs with her maiden name there. Would be sending the money from a joint US account that has her (married) name on it. Not sure if it makes a difference...my guess is that even as sending the money to her married name they'll only take US passport and not other ID documents.

I swear I'm not crazy, but there used to be a Xoom affiliate in Salta capital, now it doesn't show up on the list on Xoom.com/argentina. Great.

U.S. passports don't have an address on them. Use your apartment or hotel address in BA. If you have a copy of your lease agreement, bring that too, just in case, but they will likely not ask for it.

Hey guys,
Just made an account with Xoom and sent my first transfer. What's the deal with picking it up? I just choose any from their list of locations? I figured I'd go to the one in Retiro, as it seems the most accessible to me. But what are the hours like? I don't want to make the trip down there only to discover that it's closed on a feriado/after 3/on the weekend. Any advice would be much appreciated.

More Money on Libertad is the only location in Capital Federal (I think that's the Retiro location.) They are definitely open until 6 p.m. weekdays, closed on the weekends and holidays. We have found no rhyme or reason to when it is busy and when you can get in and out. We've gone at different times and days of the week, sometimes we are in and out in 10 minutes, sometimes we wait for an hour. Bring a book or something to do while you wait. We are going to be there tomorrow so perhaps we'll see you there. :)

Back