New Years Eve in Buenos Aires

amishg

Registered
Hello! I plan to spend New Years Eve (Dec 31st) in Buenos Aires. I will be staying in Palermo. Are there any New Year Parties at any of the clubs anyone knows of? I read a lot about NYE not being a big celebrated thing in BA, so I get that. Just checking if anyone has any on-the-ground advice of what I could do / where I could go.

Specifically prefer EDM/Techno clubs with a New Year party, but can't find too much on their websites (have checked Rosebar, Crobar, UnderClub, Bar69/Niceto) but they don't list any New Year Parties on their website I could find. Anyone knows of any events booking website (checked passline, does not have too much info), or has any contacts that can help me book, or advise me on this? Alternatively are there any nice hotels in Palermo with a New Years eve program.

Hope to hear from you all!

Last edited:
My advice for new NYE in BA is to make sure you have a remise or a friend with a car that can take you where you need to go on that night.

Having been through a couple NYE here it is impossible to find a cab on the night of. You will end up walking across the entire city in the middle of the night if you do not have a plan. Cabs will not be available.

Head down to Puerto Madero, there's a big fireworks display at midnight then a number of bars/clubs that stay open well into the night. We went to Asia de Cuba in PM a couple of years ago for NYE and it was a lot of fun.

Asia de Cuba is something else now, not sure if it still turns into a club at night anymore. I'm not sure if the vibe in the neighborhood is what this poster wants though.

My advice for new NYE in BA is to make sure you have a remise or a friend with a car that can take you where you need to go on that night.

Having been through a couple NYE here it is impossible to find a cab on the night of. You will end up walking across the entire city in the middle of the night if you do not have a plan. Cabs will not be available.

Cab drivers celebrate NYE at home with plenty of Espumante (Champagne is illegal), So can´t drive until the morning. Be prepared to spend the eve on your friends couch until sunrise..!

Head down to Puerto Madero, there's a big fireworks display at midnight then a number of bars/clubs that stay open well into the night. We went to Asia de Cuba in PM a couple of years ago for NYE and it was a lot of fun.
the fireworks at puerto madero is a great show!

Argentina is not big on advance publicity.
So most of the clubs that will, eventually, have NYE shows are not even thinking about posting about them yet.
But, most likely, Groove will have one. https://www.facebook.com/palermogroove
And I am sure some of the clubs on the Costanera will too.
Google "boliche costanera" and a bunch come up.
Niceto is having one, but no music or dj lineup as yet- this is last years announcement- this years is probably not going online til mid december. http://nicetoclub.com/fiestas/locales/6536_fiesta-ano-nuevo-2022-en-buenos-aires-

The worst problem is to find transportation on the way back or somebody at all driving not drunk

Back