New Year's Eve: Let's make plans.

Ailujjj

Registered
Ok. There are a lot of threads and posts about New Year's Eve and all that there is.....n't to do in BA. Voila. It's been made abundantly clear that it is not the place to party it up but the fact remains, such an occasion requires some festivities.

Particularly if you are a) definitely going to be in BA b) haven't any Porteno friends inviting you over to celebrate, family-style, or c) don't really know anyone or have anyone in town to count down with.

We have a supply of expats, we have demand for some celebrations: let's make plans. A few people have already messaged me based on previous posts, and others have noted interest - let's try and consolidate this all on one thread.

Please post a message if you want to join in on NYE dinner somewhere fun (if possible) that would presumably lead to some bar/club action later on for those interested. ALSO - really looking for suggested venues, so even if you can't make it feel free to post any suggestions for where may actually be open and/or fun. :) Worst case scenario we could rent a hotel suite or do a potluck champagne party! (j/k)

Based on response we can eventually take it to email etc and try to get something booked sometimes on Wednesday (aka my day 1 in BA)!

Cheers/

I'm still figuring out what my New Year's will look like, but it's likely I'll be looking for something to do and getting together with other friendly expats sounds like fun! Thanks for trying to get it together and consolidate our efforts! I don't know the city well enough to suggest a venue, but I'll watch the thread and hopefully end up coming out for whatever is planned.

(Have a safe trip down here! Welcome to BA!)

Diskosis said:
I posted this elsewhere:

http://www.pisocompartido.com.ar/partyinbuenosaires.htm

I went last year and it was a good party. However, it's an after 2am kind of thing as well.

not only is it late, it's a typical porteno club that reeks of inefficiency. everywhere in the world you can walk up to a bartender and order a drink. but not here..... nooooooo, that would be way to easy. you must first wait in line to place the order with a girl who is usually busy chatting with someone. then wait while the drink is made. most people have figured out the faster you sell booze, the more you can sell. I've never seen a club that packed with bar tenders moving that slow. the wait would be so bad I would always buy 2 drinks. one for all my friends to share and one for me.

Hey, I also posted a thread on NYE. Me and my boyfriend would want to join. Just don´t have any tips on where to go... I guess if it´s not too many people we can have dinner in our apartment if going out for dinner doesn´t work out... I´ll keep checking this thread the next few days.

kansas restaurant is good....my friend is visiting me from US and we dont have any plans so we're in...my cell is 11 5765 7725

I'm keen to join in on anything happening. And just as a side - last week I went to a great Indian restaurant in centro (Viamonte y Reconquista) called Delhi Darbar - they had a sign in the window saying "open new years eve for dinner" so I asked to check and they confirmed it. It's a possiblity if anyone is interested! Not the best Indian in the world (but I'm biased as I lived in India for 2 years) but certainly the most authentic I've experienced here! And 2 blocks away are several bars that confirmed to me they are open New Year

I'd like to join too. So long as transportation is available.

arty said:
not only is it late, it's a typical porteno club that reeks of inefficiency. everywhere in the world you can walk up to a bartender and order a drink. but not here..... nooooooo, that would be way to easy. you must first wait in line to place the order with a girl who is usually busy chatting with someone. then wait while the drink is made. most people have figured out the faster you sell booze, the more you can sell. I've never seen a club that packed with bar tenders moving that slow. the wait would be so bad I would always buy 2 drinks. one for all my friends to share and one for me.

That's right.. but as you said, that's pretty typical porteno. I think most clubs, especially on NYE will be running equally "smoothly". My strategy is to get drunk beforehand. I know it's late as well, but I doubt you'll find any parties earlier.

I would recommend everyone find a party to go to that is within walking distance of home, since the biggest hassle for me on NYE is always transport.

Back