Newbie ? Can I Get Dollars Out Of My Us Acct While In Ba

Xoom would be a solution for me, but I'm not from the US, and it doesn't accept foreign (non-US) credit cards nor bank accounts.
Does anyone know about something similar but without this restriction?

For now my only option is to use ATMs, and it is just like I'm robbed every day.

Sure you can spend the pesos to go to Colonia for a day to extract dollars from an ATM.... :cool: not good to procrastinate.

Rich One, it seems that it is the only option I've got.

Please, can someone send me PM with a safe cueva recommendations?
I have no idea where I could change what I'll bring....

What about MoneyGram + Maguiexpress? What is their rate?

Okay, here's the deal with XOOM. Tried it out last week, and they were offering 8.3. Not the same as a Cueva, but for those of us who have access to Dollars but can't get to Uruguay quickly, it's not bad. They DO, however, ask a lot of questions, when you pick it up at a Banco Provincial (multiple locations). Who's the money from. Who is it for? Why does he/she need it, etc. Also, VERY important, they want a PHOTOCOPY of your passport, so make sure you have one before you get in line.

They say it's always the same story in the banks, but still there are other pickup locations which are not banks, could someone comment on receiving money at More? Especially with expired tourist visa :)

Foxie I sent you a message ... I can help you with places or other options regards

Back