Newbie Saying Hello And Asking For Advice

They should create a permanent file with advise for newcomers....?? Why repeat over and over the same answers . Each week 2 or more newbies ask the same questions...?

Nothing Personal
Hey, Rich One. Sorry if I created a redundant thread. I did a cursory search of the forum and found a few helpful topics but I figured it was best to post anyway and make sure I got good advice. I think that's forgiveable.

You could look at it a different way too... It would have been far more expensive to have stayed at home. BA is far cheaper - so quit your howling. You do have some choices though for the transfer of monies to yourself at rates better than the local rates. You need to look into them too if you are able to wire transfer. I could elaborate but then perhaps they do not pertain to you too. Enjoy your life.. Five months is not long at all. So spend your pounds keep the economy moving. Should you return again then you will use your new found experiences. this website offers far more advice than anything comparable for living elsewhere. It is an education in itself. No diplomas! All the best to you.. enjoy your experience here. It is still is less expensive than your home base for sure. Don't you agree?
I didn't mean to give the impression I was moaning or whining. Coming here has been a lifelong dream and I saved up for three years in order to make this trip. Believe me, I am extremely glad simply to be here. I will take the advice of those who have responded and try to find a solution.

Azimo has free transfers from the UK through 31 October. Current rate is £14.44 to ARS $1.
Excellent! I will look into this and see if I can make it work. Thank you very much!

Hi All,

I am an Indian. I got an offer from BA, Argentina. I need to

sell off my entire household to live there. I am married and

my wife needs to leave her job to go with me.

My employer is giving:

1. a fully furnished apartment in Palermo for 2 years

(electronics+furniture).

2. Health insurance for me and my wife

===

Lets assume that I will pay:

a) electricity
B) internet
c) cable
d) Cell phone connection
e) ration
f) I need to use the transport to visit Argentina (like a

tourist. Any estimates for this: radio taxi, AC buses, etc?

Any detailed monthly estimates for the above items in Pesos?

How much the monthly Net Salary (in hand) should i ask for

(giving details on the above items and giving the fact me and

my wife will be going and my wife will not be working)?

Last question: which type of VISA should I ask for my

employer to give me?

Hi All,

I am an Indian. I got an offer from BA, Argentina. I need to

sell off my entire household to live there. I am married and

my wife needs to leave her job to go with me.

My employer is giving:

1. a fully furnished apartment in Palermo for 2 years

(electronics+furniture).

2. Health insurance for me and my wife

===

Lets assume that I will pay:

a) electricity
B) internet
c) cable
d) Cell phone connection
e) ration
f) I need to use the transport to visit Argentina (like a

tourist. Any estimates for this: radio taxi, AC buses, etc?

Any detailed monthly estimates for the above items in Pesos?

How much the monthly Net Salary (in hand) should i ask for

(giving details on the above items and giving the fact me and

my wife will be going and my wife will not be working)?

Last question: which type of VISA should I ask for my

employer to give me?

Ask your employer to pay free apartment + insurance, and 4000-10,000 dollars per month,
depending the nature of your (IT) job, you will be OK. And do not worry about the small
fees. And your employer can take care of the visa type.

Robbrown, I suggest you use bitcoin to do your currency exchanges.
I am a United States Citizen who owns bitcoins, an enthusiastic supporter of the digital currency. Plenty of Americans (and citizens of other countries) use bitcoin to get around the capital controls when they journey to Argentina. There are some fairly easy ways to acquire bitcoin; coinbase.com is one way. I have an account on coinbase and use it to buy bitcoins online. Bitcoins are cryptographic signs ("keys"), numbers essentially, and you don't have to handle a physical object. You do transfers on the computer.
Coinbase is an American company, so you will have to find out whether they accept transfers from foreign bank accounts; if they do, your troubles are over. Buenos Aires has a thriving market in bitcoins, so once you have them it is a simple matter to sell them for ARS at a rate agreed on between seller and buyer (you will factor in the price of bitcoin in hard currency such as GBP, Euro or USD, and get something very close to blue).
If coinbase doesn't work for you, I'm sure you will have other options.
Send me a message if you have any questions.

Back