Newcomer Looking to make his home in BA

Astavinoha

Registered
Greetings! My name is Aaron. I currently have a plane ticket to the area, but have suspended it until I have a good plan, and some money saved up for the move. I am looking to move to the area for at least a year, and hopefully 2. I joined this group to get a good pulse on how expats do in BA.

My initial plan is to fly down, travel for a couple of weeks, and then settle down and try to find a job to support myself for the duration of my stay.

I am very interested to hear stories of similar situations. I am kind of lost right now putting together my plan, so any help would be appreciated!

Aaron

Well, dear A.S., although migration rules are not enforced fully here, it could be clever not to give your full name on a public forum... just my 2 centavos... But welcome !

Hi, Aaron. If you search through the Newcomers Forum you will find a number of threads that address your situation/questions.

Have you already visited BA? How good is your Spanish? Do you have a "unique" job skill? It isn't easy finding work here and the process can be grueling if not impossible. Argentina can be a great place to visit for a few months, but making your home in BA is far from easy if you don't have a foreign income, job, or sufficient savings to live on.

Thanks y'all!

Steve:
-Well I am planning on coming down there with savings to last a couple of months.
-I have never been there or anywhere in South America, but know 1 or 2 people down there (not expats though)
-Spanish is better than beginner, and I am taking classes right now.
-I don't have a unique job skill, but I do have a Business degree in Marketing.
-I have been a bartender here in Texas for 6 years, and that is a industry I will look into when I get down there as well, do you think I could find somewhere that will hire an American?

Thanks for the info!

Back