Newcomer to Buenos Aires

dtown

Registered
Hi, I´m a 37 year old male Canadian who just arrived in this great city. I´m here on assignment for about a month and am keen to meet up with other expats in order to take the pulse of the local scene. If anyone is interested in grabbing a drink or seeing a live show (i hear the jazz scene is amazing), drop me a line.
DT

Hi DT,

Check out thelonius club, on Salguero 1884, Palermo neighbourhood, tonight they offer two shows, one at 21.30 and the other at midnight. You need to make reservations. Tell me if you want to go, because I would like to go there.

Hello DT! I'm new to BA too. I'd be up for finding some live shows...the lonius looks pretty good Roxana! If you decide to go let me know.

Yes, I think I am posting it for tonight, just tell me if you want to go to both shows, or only to one of them. Looking forward for your answer, Cara!!!

I'd like to go check out Thelonious with you all tonite, either show but the 21:30 sounds easier. Let me know!

Allan

Ok. i will make a reservation for both shows, for 4 people:
1. DT
2. Roxana
3. Cara
4. Allan

Please comfirm, or add more people!

The reservation was made under my name. For the first show we'll be at the "barra" (counter). For the second show we'll pass to a table.

Try to be there 21:15 to 21:30.

Send me a Private Message if you want my cell phone number.

I will be wearing a black shirt with silver points on the shoulders.

Allan, try to turn on your Private Message feature. You need to go to the main menu at the top of the page, click on User CP and then click on Private Messages.

it sounds like i may have missed a good time. my bad for not checking in with this site sooner.

in any event, if anyone is up for going to the show on Tuesday at 9:30 (when Astor Piazzola's grandson, apparently, leads a 7-piece band) let me know.

Roxana,

thanks for organizing - enjoyed meeting you all!

The Private Message setting is not available to me on my "User CP" page, for some reason that I can not figure out. When I've figured it out I'll contact you.

Allan

Back