newcomer

AlexfromLA said:
Um...... Yes. They are all , wait for it.............. Native Americans if you want to get specific. ;)

Opps.... I misread what you wrote... I was sure you wrote they were "called" or "known as Americans" or something to that effect. I reread what you wrote now. :eek:

Carry on! Find me a pretty photo.

Found this interesting comment in the french blog (it's the blog of the ones who reread/correct one of France main newspaper Le Monde which is equivalent to the HT). Hoping the forum accepts Chineses ideograms.

In Chinese, meiguo 美国 refers to United States. Canada is jianada 加拿大. But the American continent is meizhou 美洲. Chinese lenguage likes precision.
And mei 美 ,used in the translation of United Stated, means "beautiful", therefore United States are "the beautiful country" for the Chinese !

mini said:
Salut. Ca va? :)

Ca roule ma poule :p -joke- (if I recall you attend to some french speaking groups ? I'd likely join someday).

A simple question : people living in New-Mexico are called New-Mexicans ?!

French jurist said:
Ca roule ma poule :p -joke- (if I recall you attend to some french speaking groups ? I'd likely join someday).
Sadly I haven't been in a while, not since they changed the venue. It used to be 2 blocks from work.

I do have to practice my French more though...

We had lunch at a lovely restaurant owned by a French guy the other day. It is in Palermo; À Nos Amours, Araoz & Goritti.

A simple question : people living in New-Mexico are called New-Mexicans ?!

Sure! Like New Yorkers, Californians, Arizonians, etc.

Back