News From A Fortified Compound, Somwhere On The Outskirts...

Steve,
Are you baiting us to ask if you are not living in Bahia Blanca anymore?

I wonder if having permanent residency makes a difference. Near the end of 2012 I went to the registro in a municipalidad that is not Bahia Blanca and was told that I had to apply for the Nuevo DNI at migraciones in (gasp) Bahia Blanca. I went there and was told that I first had to pay $50 pesos to have my file transferred from migraciones in BA.

I blew it off and never went back, partially because having the new DNI was not mandatory and also because the last time I was at migraciones in BA they told me that my file had been lost. Fortunately, that was the day after my permanent residency had been approved and I was in the system as a permanent resident.

That being said, when I went to the registro last week, in a municipalidad that is not bahia Blanca, I was told I would not have to go to migraciones to get the Nuevo DNI because I have permanent residency and the tramite could be done there with no advance turno.

As a permanent resident with the little brown booklet DNI, I made my appointment online, set for next month. Since Steve was advised that the issuance of said document will take around two months, does anyone know if there is any kind of "express" service available to receive the new DNI sooner? I ask this as I may need to leave the country on an urgent matter (possibility of a family medical/health problem) within the next couple of months. Any advice/information on is this will be greatly appreciated.

Everything that Steve said happened for him" in a place not Bahia Blanca" happened for me here in GBA including the 2 month wait which actually turned out to be a couple weeks longer. I also had the brown booklet for permanent resident previously. I was told that it couldnt be done faster than the 2 months but this is Argentina, and I wouldnt count on just one persons word to be rule.

As a permanent resident with the little brown booklet DNI, I made my appointment online, set for next month. Since Steve was advised that the issuance of said document will take around two months, does anyone know if there is any kind of "express" service available to receive the new DNI sooner? I ask this as I may need to leave the country on an urgent matter (possibility of a family medical/health problem) within the next couple of months. Any advice/information on is this will be greatly appreciated.

You can still leave the country with old brown booklet DNI. You can keep using it until next year. As far as a rush service goes, I don't think one exists and they don't accept bribes anymore. I miss the old days. LOL. How times have changed.

Steve,
Are you baiting us to ask if you are not living in Bahia Blanca anymore?

Not at all. I never lived in Bahia Blanca or on the outskirts of the city, nor did I ever claim to.

Someone with a PhD in geography who often "imposes" irrelevant, sophomoric, and sometimes personally insulting comments that have nothing to do with the subject of the thread (posts #10 and #16 in this one) assumed that I do. He's made a number of comments that have repeated his error and other members have been mislead as a result.

You can still leave the country with old brown booklet DNI. You can keep using it until next year. As far as a rush service goes, I don't think one exists and they don't accept bribes anymore. I miss the old days. LOL. How times have changed.

Niaruccia, thanks for the info. I know this may sound idiotic and/or naive (or simply I may have passport renewal in mind), but I assumed that my current brown booklet DNI would be expropriated when applying for the new DNI. Are you saying that I am permitted to keep the current DNI while the new is being processed? If so, then my "problem" is solved. Many thanks again.

Everything that Steve said happened for him" in a place not Bahia Blanca" happened for me here in GBA including the 2 month wait which actually turned out to be a couple weeks longer. I also had the brown booklet for permanent resident previously. I was told that it couldnt be done faster than the 2 months but this is Argentina, and I wouldnt count on just one persons word to be rule.

Where and how did you reserve your turno? I would like to renew mine in the next month. If not, I have to wait until November. :-(

Niaruccia, thanks for the info. I know this may sound idiotic and/or naive (or simply I may have passport renewal in mind), but I assumed that my current brown booklet DNI would be expropriated when applying for the new DNI. Are you saying that I am permitted to keep the current DNI while the new is being processed? If so, then my "problem" is solved. Many thanks again.

You get to keep your little brown book forever.

Back