NHL play-offs

Yes. At the Alamo Bar (which I've mentioned a few times in this forum). A link with a review and the address. http://www.buenostours.com/shoeless-joes-el-alamo-bar
They use "slingbox" and can get almost any sporting game you can ask for. The owner is a Detroit fan, so I suspect the games will be on at least one of the TV's.

Just read this post about where to see NHL games. It struck me as a little humorous. I was in Buenos Aires during the NHL playoffs and finals. Yes, Shoeless Joe's El Alamo is the only location in Argentina where you can see all foreign sporting events including the NHL.
However, last May and June El Alamo was closed by order of the city. They had a little problem with overcapacity. El Alamo is probably the most popular bar in Buenos Aires which explains why they were 3 times over legal capacity. Consequently nobody in Argentina saw the NHL finals.
El Alamo is open again but they watch the capacity more closely. I asked the owner how they planned to keep the number of clients in the legal range. It is not so easy to do because El Alamo is open 24 hours every day and is always crowded.
I suggested they double their prices. That might reduce the number of people trying to get in. However, if they doubled their prices their prices would still be the lowest in Buenos Aires so I don't know if that would help with the capacity issue.
They did not raise their prices, they did not stop the free drinks for girls and consequently they still always filled to the brim but hopefully not over the brim.
A little advice for the girls. I like to go to bars where there a more guys than girls. I like the attention. That is definitely not the case at El Alamo. There are always more girls than guys. Not a great situation for me but I still go there because they have cute bartenders and the free drinks don't hurt..

"wherearetheguys" said:
Just read this post about where to see NHL games. It struck me as a little humorous. I was in Buenos Aires during the NHL playoffs and finals. Yes, Shoeless Joe's El Alamo is the only location in Argentina where you can see all foreign sporting events including the NHL.
However, last May and June El Alamo was closed by order of the city. They had a little problem with overcapacity. El Alamo is probably the most popular bar in Buenos Aires which explains why they were 3 times over legal capacity. Consequently nobody in Argentina saw the NHL finals.
El Alamo is open again but they watch the capacity more closely. I asked the owner how they planned to keep the number of clients in the legal range. It is not so easy to do because El Alamo is open 24 hours every day and is always crowded.
I suggested they double their prices. That might reduce the number of people trying to get in. However, if they doubled their prices their prices would still be the lowest in Buenos Aires so I don't know if that would help with the capacity issue.
They did not raise their prices, they did not stop the free drinks for girls and consequently they still always filled to the brim but hopefully not over the brim.
A little advice for the girls. I like to go to bars where there a more guys than girls. I like the attention. That is definitely not the case at El Alamo. There are always more girls than guys. Not a great situation for me but I still go there because they have cute bartenders and the free drinks don't hurt..
Question, how much do you get paid to post ads for "el alamo"?

how much do you get paid to post ads for "el alamo"?
$1000 per post. More if there is a link of some sort.
I should mention that the World Series of Baseball final will begin soon and should be available at Joe's. That's Shoeless Joe's. Where the beer flows freely and the girls are purdy.
ka ching!

Are there other expat bars in BA that show sporting events?

The Financial Times reviewed Pancho 46 and considered it to be the best place in the world to eat hot dogs.

The Washington Post recommended the street vendors in Costanera, highlighting the "bondiola" sandwich as exquisite.

Back