Nice Steak Knives

nledec

Registered
I'd like to buy a nice set (6 or so) of steak knives for a gift.
Any recommendations?

I'd get a set of artisan knives from tandil or pergamino with antler handle.

Something like this

cuchillo-el-pampa-hoja-12-cms-acero-carbono-forjado-facon-7649-MLA5258196252_102013-F.jpg

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-481285970-cuchillo-el-pampa-hoja-12-cms-acero-carbono-forjado-facon-_JM

Thank you, but I'd like knives you would use in an individual place setting for eating steak at a table. That knife is too big.

There is a sharps store on the upper level of UniCenter. They carry all of the German steel and several less known but well respected brands.

Thank you, but I'd like knives you would use in an individual place setting for eating steak at a table. That knife is too big.

That knife has a 12 cm blade which is a pretty standard size for steak knives.

Yes, but according to the webpage the entire knife is 24.5 cm. That is a great knife for a parrillero to wear on the hip (hence the leather belt pouch you can buy with it), but I'm looking for steak knives you would use to set the table when steak is being served. This wouldn't be that knife anywhere.

Ok you don't like the knife I suggested. Thats fine, its your gift after all.

But seriously? do you know what 24cm looks like?

Here is one of my regular table knives from my cutlery drawer next to a ruler to give you some some sense of scale.

IMAGE_9.jpg

There are several knife stores in Once that sell wholesale- I think they are on Peron. There are also several artisan stores that sell stuff from the country much cheaper- again, wholesale, basically. There are a couple on Larrera, I think, although basically, you have to walk around and look.
Also, the wholesale restaurant district has lots of choices, cheap, over on the corner of Jujuy y Juan de Garay, mas o menos.
You want to save money, you have to work at it a bit, and take the collectivo over there.
You want convenience, you pay more for it.
And, obviously, you pay more for imported stuff, especially in fancy barrios like Recoleta or Palermo.

Back