Nigerian Scam on Buenos Aires Craigslist

Slopey

Registered
I got this email in reply to a 'Housing Wanted' Craigslist listing I put up this weekend.

Hi,
I own an apartment which is currently available for rent,it is situated in an ideal location with a rent price of 500 USD per month including utilities.

The size of the apartment is 55sqm.I have attached the pictures to this message for you to view.It is located on Honduras Street,Palermo.Buenos Aires 1180, Argentina.It is between Coronel Diaz avenue and Bulnes street. It is one of the most nice and quiet areas of the city.Nearest Metro is Line D, Bulnes - 600 Meters.

It is available for rent because am currently working with a non Governmental Organization in West Africa,Nigeria.The apartment also has fast internet connection.It has been furnished to my taste and that is why i want you to take good care of it as if it were yours.

I will send you the keys and documents of the apartment to your address via an express mail once you complete the rental process,which will involves the filling of the rental application form and payment of rent.If you are interested in renting the apartment, i will send you the application form so that i can have and verify your information before renting out the apartment to you.

Regards,
Stefano.

The words 'Nigerian' and 'Dollars' together in an email are enough to send it straight to my trash folder, but I'm just putting this here in case people are getting different versions of this email.

Yep. I had my last Nigerian Prince out of publishing my apartment for sale on Craigs B.A.

Actually there's a new fun online sport in which you waste the lad's time and resources as long as you can. I'm just an amateur but you can find hilariouss stories of GREAT JUSTICE in my new favorite site: http://forum.419eater.com/forum
And don't forget to read this EPIC WIN!!!

For your delight:

Lad wants to buy my "real estate item":
from Dr.Mansur Mahtar <henryfisher[email protected]>
reply-to [email protected]
to
date Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 7:40 AM
subject I am interested in your real estate...
mailed-by yahoo.com
signed-by yahoo.com
hide details 12/30/09 (6 days ago)
I am Dr.Mansur Mahtar,i am interested in buying your item listed above and i would like to know if its still available because i will like to make an instant purchase,so pls do respond back to me with the Amount of your Item. so i can start making the arrangement to buy it...Hope to read from you soon **Have a nice day and God bless you.

So I played along:

me to dr.mansurmahtar
show details 12/31/09 (4 days ago)
Dear Dr Mahtar,

Glad to meet you. I have several properties for sale, which one are you referring to? The flat in B.A.? The land in XXXXXXX?....?

Thanks, and happy new year,

Lad is a top government official!:

Dear XXXOO,

My name is Dr. Mansur Mahtar as you already know, i am the present serving Minister of Finance of The Federal Republic of Nigeria. if you want to know more about me and confirm my identity, you can visit this website http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finance_Minister_of_Nigeria.

I used my position as the Honourable Minister of Finance to deposit the sum of $10.5 million dollars (USD) in a private security company in London UK. I did not deposit this money in a bank because if i do, The IMF, UNITED NATIONS and other international financial agencies will track and confiscate this fund because they will start demanding for ANTI-MONEY LAUNDERING CERTIFICATE, ANTI-DRUG CERTIFICATE, ANTI-TERRORIST CERTIFICATE and so many other certificates and documents that will be very difficult and expensive to obtain. So this is why i deposited this money in a private security company and i want to buy a real estate property with this money so that this money will be safe and secured instead of leaving this money in the custody of the security company for so long. once the safety of this money is guaranteed, then my mind will be at rest.

I decided to contact you and seek your assistance to help me achieve my aim for our mutual benefit. I want you to stand as my foreign trustee who i can trust to help me receive this money in your country. I am going to give you 30% of this US$10.5m if you will successfully assist me in this transaction without BETRAYAL. Once you receive the consignment, i will give you the SECRET PIN CODE to open the consignment with and take away your 30% and then use the balance 70% to buy good properties for me which will be safe and secured until i am able to fly over to meet you. Once i arrive your house, you will also assist me buy other properties and help me invest in a very lucrative business.

I will like to let you know everything about this transaction so that you can think about this very well and decide if you will be able and competent enough to foster this transaction with me successfully.

Firstly, i want you to know that you will have to spend a little money for the clearing of the consignment at the airport when the diplomat arrives your country from London. The security company will send thier diplomat to fly to your country and deliver this consignment to you at your door step. so when the diplomat arrives the airport, he will call you so that you can pay the custom fee for clearing of the consignment. I dont know the amount your country's custom fee will be, but i am sure it wont be much because this consignment is just one box. the money was carefully arranged in one box in $100 notes. I will send you a copy of the CERTIFICATE OF DEPOSIT in my next mail when you consent to this proposal.

Secondary, i want you to know that the consignment will successfully be delivered to you at your door step without any difficulty or delay as long as you adhere strictly to my instructions and guidelines. The diplomat that will deliver this consignment to you has what is called DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY COVERAGE LICENSE to deliver consignments like this to anyone anywhere in the world. so there wont be any problem or risk at all and the customs at the airport wont have the authority to open the consignment at the airport because the diplomat has a license and the consignment has a RED TAG pasted on it. The box is properly locked with a secret pin code known to me alone. I will give you this pin code when you have received this consignment.

Thirdly, I will like to remind you that this transaction involves millions of dollars and you must keep this transaction secret from your friends and people around you. The Bible says that the heart of man is desperately wicked and full of evil, so your friends can be jealous, try to discourage you or even plot evil against you when they discover that you are expecting a huge sum of money. Nobody can be 100% trusted when money is involved in anything. So you must keep this transaction as top secret until you have successfully received this money. also you must not disclose to the diplomat that what he is bringing to you is cash money. The security company do not disclose the content of consignments like this to thier diplomats for security reasons. so you are advised not to let the diplomat know. once he arrives, just cooperate with him and receive the consignment from him.

Fouthly, I dont want the president of my country to know that i have moved this huge sum of money away from this country because if he becomes aware, i will be removed from office as the Finance Minister and i will be probed as well. so i dont want to destroy the reputation i have painfully built for many years.

I have told you everything about this transaction right now in this first stage, Its now up to you to decide if you can do this or not. I want you to think very well and decide if you are competent enough to handle this huge sum of money. If you know you will betray me along the way, or you wont be able to do this business, then reply and let me know so that i can look for a more competent and business minded person that will be willing to do this transaction with me. But if you know you can easily do this business, then reply me so that i can instruct the security company in London to contact you immediately and let you know when thier diplomat will arrive your country to deliver this fund to you.

I am sure i have explained everything in details to you. please feel free to ask questions if you need more clarification. Please also note that your suggestions, ideas and advise will be welcomed if it will contribute to the successful achievement of our desired aim in this transaction.

I will be waiting in anticipation for your reply on [email protected] or you call me anytime on +2348065336781.

Regards,
Dr. Mansur Mahtar,
Honourable Minister of Finance,
Federal Republic of Nigeria

This went on for some 4 days. I got him to phone me TWICE for more than 60 seconds to my South American Cellphone! His IP retrieved he's from Kano, Nigeria. We even had a lengthy conversation over IM! I couldn't get the trophy though.. the whole story is on the site.

Ohh Matt84... I know someone (ahem, ahem) who played eater with one of them prince scammers. His alias was "Mr. Em O. Roids" and he owned a lolipop company with lots of money to invest. After 3 months he got his eater "trophy" with the prince, who ended up in a photo holding up a sign that said "I lick Em O Roids" with a big heart & lillipop graphic. :D

What a great concept and website! Stick it to the scammers.

I have an old one i here i replied to:

Subject: Urgent................ Business

#yiv1156356049 .hmmessage P { margin:0px;padding:0px;} #yiv1156356049 { FONT-SIZE:10pt;FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma;} Mr. William Eddie.
# 9-10 Obrafour avenue
Legon district
Accra - Ghana.

{HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL}
(RE: TRANSFER OF ($ 72m,000.000.00 USD}
{SEVENTY TWO MILLION UNITED STATES DOLLARS)

We want to transfer to overseas ($ 72,000.000.00 USD) from a bank here in Ghana, I want to ask you to quietly look for a reliable and honest person who will be capable and fit to provide either an existing bank account or to set up a new Bank a/c immediately to receive this money, even an empty a/c can serve to receive this money, as long as you will remain honest to me till the end of this important business trusting in you and believing in God that you will never let me down either now or in future.

I am Mr. William Eddie, Director of International Relation with a bank here in Ghana, during the course of our auditing I discovered a floating fund in an account opened in the bank in 1990 and since 1993 nobody has operated on this account again, after going through some old files in the records I discovered that the owner of the account died without a [heir] hence the money is floating and if I do not remit this money out urgently it will be forfeited for nothing.

The owner of this account is Mr.Chris Marco , a foreigner, and a sailor, and he died since 1993. and no other person knows about this account or any thing concerning it, the account has no other beneficiary and my investigation proved to me as well that Chris Marco was the manager of Chris Coy.(Gh). LTD.

We will start the first transfer with Twenty Two million [$22,000.000.00] upon successful transaction without any disappoint from your side, we shall re-apply for the payment of the remaining amount to your account,The amount involved is (USD 72M) I want to first transfer $22,000.000 [Twenty Two million United States Dollars from this money into a safe foreigners account abroad before the rest, but I don't know any foreigner in my life, I am only contacting you as a foreigner because this money can not be approved to a local person here, without valid international foreign passport, but can only be approved to any foreigner with valid international passport or drivers license and foreign a/c because the money is in US dollars and the former owner of the a/c Mr. Chris Marco is a foreigner too, [and the money can only be approved into a foreign a/c.

Arrange your A/c and send it to me as follows for the processing of the payment:
1]A/C NUMBER:...............
2]A/C NAME:...................
3]BANK NAME:.................
4]BANK ADDRESS:..............
5]SWIFT CODE:..................

I got your contact address from my secretary who operates computer and I am revealing this to you with believe in God that you will never let me down in this business, you are the first and the only person that I am contacting for this business,so please reply urgently so, that I will inform you the next step to take.Send also your private telephone and fax number including the full details of the account to be used for the deposit as started above.

I need your full co-operation to make this work fine.because the management is ready to approve this payment to any foreigner who has correct information of this account, which I will give to you, upon your positive response and once I am convinced that you are capable and will meet up with instruction of a key bank official who is deeply involved with me in this business.

I need your strong assurance that you will never let me down,With the influence and the position of the key bank official we can transfer this money to any foreigner's reliable account which you can provide with assurance that this money will be intact pending our physical arrival in your country for sharing. The bank official will destroy all documents of transaction immediately we receive this money leaving no trace to any place and to build confidence, you can come immediately to discuss with me face to face after which I will make this remittance in your presence and three of us will fly to your country at least two days ahead of the money going into the account.

I will apply for annual leave to get visa immediately I hear from you that you are ready to act and receive this fund in your account.I will apply for the legal approvals for onward transfer of this money to your account with appropriate clearance from the relevant ministries and foreign exchange departments.

At the conclusion of this business, you will be given 30% of the total amount, 60% will be for me,5% will be for expenses both parties might have incurred during the process of transferring and 5% will be for orphanage homes. Can you handle this business with me?

Best Regads,
Mr. William Eddie.
the reply>>

Subject: Re: Urgent................ Business
To: "mr williameddieza76" <[email protected]>
Received: Thursday, September 11, 2008, 3:24 PM

Dear William,

Thankyou for your kind and humble email. I do know someone honest enough to take charge of this most humble deed you throw upon me - Myself. I have experience in receiving money transfers in the past and bestowing such unto many a person, including the great Lord Jerry Smith and the Barry brothers. From reading your email i feel like i already know you - a good, honest man who just needs some help with the monies.

Please send me details of your bank account that this earthly transfer be made with most humble blessings upon thy very day.

Yours Truly,

Guthry Mooman
Strategic operations

His reply to me, mr mooman:

Dear Guthry Mooman,

At first, I must assure you that this business is risk and trouble free. There will be complete documents of transaction which will prove to your bank or its correspondence that the money going into your account is genuine, not a drug money, money laundering or in any way related to terrorist activities.

I contacted you for this important business as a total stranger due to the great need to involve a foreigner who will act and receive this fund in his account because the account belongs to a foreigner who died without a WILL. Meanwhile, I will like to let you know that Mr. Chris Marco have mining industries in Ghana, and also engage himself to many business before he died. I promise you that we will make difference if you can only follow my instruction which I will be getting from the Minister who is helping for the successful transfer.

The management of the bank is ready to pay the money to any foreigner who has the correct information about the account which I will GIVE to you along with all the LEGAL DOCUMENTS needed by the management of the bank, and with the help of a top official of the bank who is deeply involved in this business. Everything will work out fine. But my only worry is the security and safety of this fund once transferred to your account as we have not known before, and I do not know any foreigner and the bank management will never approve the fund to a local account or indigenous name. We also have a strict banking policy which does not allow citizens of my country to transfer funds out to abroad but a foreigner has unlimited right to transfer funds.

Based on these reasons, I now decided to contact you so that you can receive this fund in your account and we share it according to my earlier stated percentages. I therefore request that you send me your account details (or urgently open a new account without any money in it provided it can receive money. On receipt of the above information, I will start the processing of the transfer to your account. I will also send you all the necessary document which will be prepared in your name and the court will issue letter of administration which will serve as a WILL stating you as the legal and the rightful beneficiary of the fund. With these document sent to the bank the fund will be transferred to your account.

How old are you and what are you doing for a living? I really want to know if you will be capable and also abide by the instructions which I will be getting from the Minister who is the strong pole to the success of this great business. You have to assured me that you will never let me down either now or in future, once this money hits into your account. Be informed that all arrangement to see to the successful transfer of this fund in your account is already in place and I will proceed with the processing on receipt of your safe account information with your strong assurance that you will not let me down. You should state the account information as follows:

Bank name:
Bank address:
Routing number: Account number:
Beneficiary name:
Your telephone number both home & office.

Have a nice day!
Sincerely,
Mr. William Eddie.
Tel:+233 24 755 9 227

Back