No Locales Comerciales Para Alquiler Temporario. Solution?

Do you guys have any idea what can be the bribes? I mean - in a system as dysfunctional as this, bribes can act as sth positive, making things easier and faster. Of course I don't want to pay any - I hate bribes - it's just a philosophical question.

Thanksfor the opinions. As expected most of them are discouraging but I still think it's worth trying to get an access to a huge Buenos Aires market.

For start I need someone who would help me to go through all these procedures relatively quickly. Of couse i'm not any huge corporation that can afford the best lawyers, but i'm still willing to pay for help. Recently I was looking for an english-speaking accountant but found only one - http://www.empresasargentinas.org/mintzer-miriam-emilia-303245 - do you know her?

Oh, and by the way - my business is sushi, i'm a sushi-chef. Not a sushi-bar, but catering - lunch-boxes, caterings, live-cooking, trainings etc.

If you have money to spend on a commercial space. . . why not do what the locals do? rent out an apartment and turn it into a kitchen. As an advantage of being sushi, you don´t need a lot of ovens. If it is delivery, you don´t need a street address. If the business works out, you can then go about doing it right.
I have about five delivery places that I have menus from that don´t list any address--they are cooking in someone´s house.

I definately suggest you get "facturas" and an accountant. You need a DNI of course. And be careful about hiring--read other posts about employees. Follow what your accountant says very carefully.

There is something called a "gestor" who is a person who can help you/advise you in the process of obtaining the habilitacion. First (s)he will asses what you want, which permit(s) are required, what the requirements are of the permit,and when (s)he thinks that all requirements are met, will apply for you to get the permits. Since they do it all the time, they know the rules very well, and they know the people they have to deal with... (So also know how much under-table-tax is required to get something "easier"...)

Make sure that the moment you are retailing that you are registered with AFIP. Even when you just have a website, make sure that the tax info is posted there... Use proper receipts. If you want to use a cash register (which will make your life a lot easier!) make sure it is an approved type and registered/programmed by AFIP. And most of all, make sure you have an accountant to take care of the paperwork to AFIP... AFIP is becoming like a "real" tax agency... They will go after everybody, including the small time businesses...

Sign up with www.buenosairesdelivery.com and www.sinimanes.com.ar which is an "easy" way to advertise :) .

Yeah I heard that employees here can "brake your ass" (quote from my argie friend). I recently worked for a sushi bar in Puerto Madero and one of the workers there asked me: "Kosta, are you sueing them once you quit?" - like a normal, typical everyday chat between workers if they gonna sue their boss. Crazy.

Back