No more permanent residency!?....

steveinbsas said:
I received the permanent residency today, albeit with a bit of last minute drama, but nothing serious: my file was "lost" somewhere en route from "headquarters" back to the office of migraciones on Antardida yesterday.

After waiting several hours (this morning) for the file that could not be found, I had to go to another window and request a "replacement" certificate documenting the "cambio de categoria" from temp to permanent and pay $50 pesos as if I had lost the paper...but that was the only immediate solution! I was told it might take two more hours, or two more days or two more months to locate the file...(yikes!). Fortunately, my permanent status was already in the system and accessible via computer.

Now I have six months to go to the registro to have the change entered in my DNI or I will have to return to migraciones and again pay $50 pesos for another "certificate" that will also be valid for six months. I plan to wait for the new "system" to be implemented before I go to the registro. I asked of there would be any problem if I waited and was told that once granted, permanent residency is permanent.
well done matey:p

I received permanent residence this past week. Converted from a rentista visa after 4 years to permanent. no problems.

gunt86 said:
I received permanent residence this past week. Converted from a rentista visa after 4 years to permanent. no problems.

Right. They reverted their decision to not grant permanency back around in August 2009. We also became permanent eariler this year, after 3 temp renewals.

Just be wary of Visa attorneys office websites !
I was going on the premise of what their website advertised--$700.00 per month US demonstrated for pensionado visas--then found out the hard way that this in fact hasn't been updated. Do I trust websites anymore--sorry but no...

Pwil56 said:
Just be wary of Visa attorneys office websites !
I was going on the premise of what their website advertised--$700.00 per month US demonstrated for pensionado visas--then found out the hard way that this in fact hasn't been updated. Do I trust websites anymore--sorry but no...

You could have learned about the increase here (just as it was being implemented):

Shocking new income requirement for visa rentista?

You never know in this country :(
Having a DNI has pros and cons, but I think the pros outweigh the cons, for me anyway.
If you want to run a business as I do, you need a DNI with perm res afik, so I'm glad I finally got perm in 2008.
Of course it also means that you 'join the club' and are therefore under the radar of AFIP/ARBA and all the other agencies, particularly if you have a CUIT/CUIL.
You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave :)

I suggest you change your advisors.
The info in false. The only new law is decreto 616-2010 which says especifically this:
[FONT=&quot]ARTICULO 22.- El extranjero que solicite su residencia permanente deberá acreditar:

c) Tener arraigo por haber gozado de residencia temporaria por DOS (2) años continuos o más, si fuere nacional de los países del MERCADO COMUN DEL SUR (MERCOSUR) o Estados Asociados; y TRES (3) años continuos o más, en los demás casos. Asimismo, deberá dar cumplimiento a las demás condiciones que determine la DIRECCION NACIONAL DE MIGRACIONES según el tipo de residencia temporaria de que se trate.[/FONT]

Regards

Bajo_cero2 said:
I suggest you change your advisors.
The info in false. The only new law is decreto 616-2010 which says especifically this:
[FONT=&quot]ARTICULO 22.- El extranjero que solicite su residencia permanente deberá acreditar:

c) Tener arraigo por haber gozado de residencia temporaria por DOS (2) años continuos o más, si fuere nacional de los países del MERCADO COMUN DEL SUR (MERCOSUR) o Estados Asociados; y TRES (3) años continuos o más, en los demás casos. Asimismo, deberá dar cumplimiento a las demás condiciones que determine la DIRECCION NACIONAL DE MIGRACIONES según el tipo de residencia temporaria de que se trate.[/FONT]

Regards

I'm not sure from your post what "info" you are saying is false. Please elaborate.

Back