NO WATER!!! Please Help!

RogueTango

Registered
This is the second day we have not had any water. My landlord speaks no english but what i understand form him is that it is a city problem not our house. Is there ANYONE that can be called to find out what is going on? It is friday, I REALLY hope that this does not carry over the weekend. My spanish is rudementary at best, so I am not sure if there was indeed someone to call, that I could even communicate enough to get a response.
ANY advice is welcome at this point.
Thanks!

There's an emergency phone number in water bills. Hunt down your last bill and call - at least in San Isidro Aguas Argentinas is very good at answering the phone.

Where in the city are you? do you live in a house or apartment? Are you sure they are not repairing something in your building and they shut down the water in order to do so? ( ask your super about it )

They are doing some sort of construction in the street, so it has nothing to do with the building. I live in Amalgro. Troilo y corrientes

RogueTango said:
They are doing some sort of construction in the street, so it has nothing to do with the building. I live in Amalgro. Troilo y corrientes

Unless there is a major problem with the pipes in the street, I don´t see why they would shut it off for 2 days P Have you asked the building´s super? I have checked on the water company site and there is no maintenance or anything scheduled by them for this week, your only resource is to try to call them ( or get a friend to do so ) 6333-2482 (AGUA), de lunes a viernes de 8 a 18 hs. The other apts in your building have no water either I assume, nobody is doing anything? The super knows for sure what is going on, he is your best bet!

Yes ive asked the landlord, he told me it has nothing to do with the building, and they couldn't tell him when it would be back on. I'v eheard the jackhammers, and I can see the holes they've dug up and blocked pff.. they must be at lunch or something because there is no one around to ask at the moment.

RogueTango said:
Yes ive asked the landlord, he told me it has nothing to do with the building, and they couldn't tell him when it would be back on. I'v eheard the jackhammers, and I can see the holes they've dug up and blocked pff.. they must be at lunch or something because there is no one around to ask at the moment.
RT, the super is not the same as the landlord...does your landlord live in the same building? If not, chances are that he knows less than you do of what is going on out there. If I was you I would ask the super...

Building supers - "porteros" - spend lots of time standing on the sidewalk talking to people passing by. They take pride in knowing everything that goes on in their buildings, in their blocks, and in the immediate neighborhood. Ask your portero - he probably knows what's going on.

Back