Non Resident Selling?

Sound of music

Registered
Hi everyone,
Situation is a follows:
Bought a property 7 years ago with permanent residence (dni en tramite, as it took more than 8 months). Lived there in that flat for 5 years. I have moved abroad again for 20 months now. Flat has been kept shut and empty all along. I still have old dni (dni libreta, hence not valid anymore) but, as far as I know, I could go and renew it. Question is: can I sell my flat as resident with dni? Or I have to go the non resident way?
Ideas?

Hi everyone,
Situation is a follows:
Bought a property 7 years ago with permanent residence (dni en tramite, as it took more than 8 months). Lived there in that flat for 5 years. I have moved abroad again for 20 months now. Flat has been kept shut and empty all along. I still have old dni (dni libreta, hence not valid anymore) but, as far as I know, I could go and renew it. Question is: can I sell my flat as resident with dni? Or I have to go the non resident way?
Ideas?

I believe you have to be out of the country for 25 months to be considered a non resident.

Nobody checks how long you've been out of the country, but if selling as a non resident you might be facing higher taxes on your sale. Consult with a real estate agent! Mind sharing the sale listing?

You'll lose your DNI after 2 years of being out of the country. Yes, you have to start the whole (lengthy) process all over again. You retrieve the same number and eventually the same status of residency. Been there, done that.

My agent doesn't know much sadly. I need a lawyer? Accountant? Sb who knows about these particular situations...
I haven't been absent for 24 months yet but I can't say I live there now either. If they check my passport or migraciones they will know.

Back