Non-Stop Exodus of Multinationals Leaving Argentina...!

does this mean changing conditions for everybody or playing favorites with select businesses?
Because the latter means corruption.

It is transparent and mainly they are negotiating and seeing what they legally can do to help. The difference is that in their eyes, businesses are important for jobs, while here it seems, they prefer businesses to be gone.

Funny Uruguay being mentioned....the wife mentioned yesterday about it being a possible location for a move. My reply was ''no way'' if I move it won't ever be to another S American country.
The only other place I have the wish to be is the UK and even then the hassle of moving lock,stock and barrel isn't something I would relish.
I think the best way for us would be to do it in stages over several years...I'd certainly be up for that. That way we would still have the option of staying here if the grass turned out not to be as green on the other side as we thought.

Just on an anecdotal level I'm hearing from a lot of young professionals in Argentina that they want to leave the country to Australia, Italy, US, etc. We might see a massive brain drain from the country once borders open back up.

Just on an anecdotal level I'm hearing from a lot of young professionals in Argentina that they want to leave the country to Australia, Italy, US, etc. We might see a massive brain drain from the country once borders open back up.
Hi Dougie,

This was my observation about three or so months ago. This will be post 2001 all over again except I think the movement will be much stronger and larger. Unlike last time when the migration occurred, I think the older generation will encourage their younger generation who is able, to simply go chase a better life and opportunity elsewhere.

I truly believe that everything is being grossly underestimated here. Argentina is going to feel a lot of pain when the dust from COVID 19 starts to clear.

Glovo (the delivery company) just announced that they are out now.
wow.

i find rappi's app much better to use, so i tend to stick to that. but they often had different selection of restaurants so it was nice to be able to have multiple options. i've pretty much quit using pedidosya because the selection of places sucks.

wow.

i find rappi's app much better to use, so i tend to stick to that. but they often had different selection of restaurants so it was nice to be able to have multiple options. i've pretty much quit using pedidosya because the selection of places sucks.
Glovo “sold” their local ops to PedidosYa to be able to escape, so maybe the selection will get better. Hopefully Rappi and Uber Eats can remain...

i've pretty much quit using pedidosya because the selection of places sucks.
It's not just a question of the selection of places, Pedidosya also faked restaurants in their selection, I haven't used them since they did that to me.

It's not just a question of the selection of places, Pedidosya also faked restaurants in their selection, I haven't used them since they did that to me.

How so? You click on the restaurant to order and what happens?

How so? You click on the restaurant to order and what happens?
I clicked on the restaurant in the Pedidosya app, created my order, and waited. And waited. Tried to contact Pedidosya support, and waited some more. Annoyed, I then I called the restaurant to ask if my order had been sent out, and the response was that they don't work with Pedidosya. I deleted the app.

I asked the restaurant if they could deliver directly to me and they did, promptly. About an hour later there was a ring on the doorbell which I ignored.

I probably wouldn't have known if Pedidosya hadn't delayed delivery so much.

Back