Non-Stop Exodus of Multinationals Leaving Argentina...!

On a sidenote, there is an interesting article of former minister under Nestor Kirchner, Guillermo Moreno, today in infobae. He is basically stating the obvious that the economy is going s***, but the amazing part is the following: it is because Alberto is a NEOLIBERAL! You really couldn't make this up [... un muchacho social demócrata que en términos económicos es un neoliberal como Cavallo].

WalMart would be a great example for your point.

They are incredibly healthy and successful all around the world, yet they desire to exit Argentina by offloading it's operations.

And you know if walmart can't make it work you're totally screwed. They're the masters at figuring shit out.

Yeah, they're masters of figuring out how to use child-slave labor in their production and in their stores to maximize profits. In Mexico, they're done well operating on the margins of legality (to put it nicely) by getting concessions from the government through outright bribery. The children that work as baggers in their megastores there also don't even get paid. It's not necessarily a bad thing that they left Argentina.

Yeah, they're masters of figuring out how to use child-slave labor in their production and in their stores to maximize profits. In Mexico, they're done well operating on the margins of legality (to put it nicely) by getting concessions from the government through outright bribery. The children that work as baggers in their megastores there also don't even get paid. It's not necessarily a bad thing that they left Argentina.

This was exactly my point. Even a company with shady tendencies doesn't think this country is worth it.

Whataboutism abounds here. The discussion is clearly about why a company like Walmart would leave Argentina. Some believe it reflects a wider global situation, while others think the reasons are more closely linked to the situation in this country. If anything, Renzi, what you post above backs up what jblaze and THE_TIGER said. A company that is willing to exploit and cheat its way to success still cannot make it work in Argentina. It seems in Mexico, the "masters of figuring shit out" seems applicable.

Yeah, so many are leaving. However, I think this is clearly more reflective of what's happening globally. That said, it is worrying that Argentina is so high up on the list of countries they will leave first. I ask cheekily expecting someone else to do the work for me, but does anybody know on hand whether the airlines leaving Argentina are also pulling out of other countires in South America?

Only VENZUELA... not heard of other ,,?

Falabella stock went down 2,85 % after the news of departure from Argentina..! Well, sure Falabella can absorb it?

Only VENZUELA... not heard of other ,,?
My new favorite airline, Jetsmart, seems dead in the water. I flew here from Santiago for something like $35 or $40 dollars earlier in the year...coming from Bogota. I think they have stopped all service, based in Chile. I hope they comeback....

These multinationals are not for me. I hear Jetsmart was also in the child trade involved. I bought now a real Caballo Criollo. Whenever i want to go to Chile, a few days ride and whoops you are there in no time

Back