Non-Stop Exodus of Multinationals Leaving Argentina...!

These phones are made here in the factory in question. Hence no import tariffs are applicable.

An iphone 11, purchased through legit channels with all the taffifs that come with imports, currently goes for around 280k thanks to all the taxes (About $1555 with the blue...) or a Macbook Pro around $600k ($3330 with the blue)
Not exactly bargains... now imagine if you were like the 99% of Argentines who earn in pesos... does not do much to stimulate demand or economies of scale to keep prices low.

Are these to the same specs as the other countries? At the blue rate you can get a galaxy note 20 ultra for 800usd whereas in the states it would cost you 1400 + sales tax.

Are phones going to start going the other way across the border?

Are these to the same specs as the other countries? At the blue rate you can get a galaxy note 20 ultra for 800usd whereas in the states it would cost you 1400 + sales tax.

Are phones going to start going the other way across the border?
I don't know about lower end devices, but the Note 20 Ultra will have the same specs if it is built here or not.

Another nail on the coffin... Grobocopatel moves to Uruguay

The agro-industrial businessman Gustavo Grobocopatel, known as "El Rey de la Soja" resigned from the presidency of the agro-industrial company Los Grobo, as reported by the company to the National Securities Commission (CNV). The magnate settled in the city of Colonia, after a process of several years where he was partially living, and for that reason he left his position in the holding.

I don't know about lower end devices, but the Note 20 Ultra will have the same specs if it is built here or not.

according to wikipedia there are variations of Note 20 Ultra supporting different network bands.
One variation supports 5G and another variation does not support 5G.

And apparently argentine variation does NOT support 5G.
At this time and age when all major networks in the US already have 5G deployed I would not buy a new phone without 5G support.
And no, 5G does not just mean faster speeds, it means better network coverage and less congestion.

according to wikipedia there are variations of Note 20 Ultra supporting different network bands.
One variation supports 5G and another variation does not support 5G.

And apparently argentine variation does NOT support 5G.
At this time and age when all major networks in the US already have 5G deployed I would not buy a new phone without 5G support.
And no, 5G does not just mean faster speeds, it means better network coverage and less congestion.
Ah yes, I did know this but completely overlooked it. I was thinking more about CPU etc, although I admittedly also left out the fact Samsung continues to use Snapdragon in the U.S. and its own Exynos globally, which I presume also means Argentina. I left this out because it is not specific to Argentina in relation to production in this country, for that matter 5G isn't either. The question was whether the devices are the same specs as in other countries. I guess it depends if you are in the U.S. or not but for the most part customers here get the international model without compromising on the specs.

Regarding 5G, I think you are right. If you are spending around $1000 on a device, you want it to be futureproof. Even in the U.S., 5G is hardly ubiquitous but over the next five years it will become much more available. Argentina has been testing 5G but who knows when Buenos Aires will have the infrastructure for a rollout. If I was on the market for the Note 20 Ultra and was planning a long stay in Arg, I would not be too concerned about a lack of 5G. Horses for courses.

I only asked this because I bought a samsung tv here and it had a big tierra del fuego sticker on the back. The back panel of the tv was obviously a lower quality plastic that creaked when the tv is moved. I also had to finish screwing in all the screws since half of them were not seated all the way. On the menu half the features are greyed out so I suppose the internals are a little different what you might get elsewhere.

I figured it was some kind of AR special edition where they cut every corner possible to keep the price down. Didn't know if that could carry over to the phones as well.

Back