Non-Tango Dance Classes - Hip Hop Dance

oxente!

Registered
Does anyone know of a dance school that offers non-tango classes. I am not really looking for ballet or modern but more like hip hop, dancehall, etc.

I have googled it a bit and only find places in Caballito or Devoto -- I am looking for something in Palermo, Recoleta, Once, Centro, etc .... I live in Recoleta.

Any suggestions are much appreciated!

Azucar. There are two: one in Belgrano, right outside the Juramento subte station & one in Almagro. They do mostly salsa, latin dances but also have "rock" classes (50s rock, not heavy metal!) ;)

There is another dance school in Almagro round the corner from the shopping center. They had lots & lots of different classes including hip hop. I've been meaning to go back there & check it out but haven't had the change.

Brazilian style in Maluco Beleza
Salsa and others in Sudaca on Sarmiento.
Swing/Rock: Azucar (belgrano/Abasto), Club Fahy (tue/thur) in Belgrano
The UBA has free dance classes and you don't have to be a student.
Hip hop:
BA Crew, Marcelo T. de Alvear 1435
ballroom: www.elizabethguerrero.com.ar (though I can't vouch for this one at all)
last resort: La viruta (salsa & rock, besides Tango)

mini said:
Azucar. There are two: one in Belgrano, right outside the Juramento subte station & one in Almagro. They do mostly salsa, latin dances but also have "rock" classes (50s rock, not heavy metal!) ;)

There is another dance school in Almagro round the corner from the shopping center. They had lots & lots of different classes including hip hop. I've been meaning to go back there & check it out but haven't had the change.

Do you remeber the name of the school in Almagro or the cross streets? I am interested in getting more information. Thanks

TX_Traveler said:
Do you remeber the name of the school in Almagro or the cross streets? I am interested in getting more information. Thanks

No... I was looking online yesterday as I didn't want to just say "there's a school around the corner"... But I couldn't find it. I'll have to head over there & get the name again. I remember looking it up on the internet when I got home (at the time, prob 6 months ago). It looked really fun & inviting (if small-ish). I'll post again if I find it.

Back