Not So Friendly Flying Wednesday May 4

Alicia karr

Registered
Just a heads up that Argentina never ceases to amaze with union disrespect for common citizens..tonight starting at midnight (unpleasant)history will be made with the first ever national strike of ALL Argentine airports. The strike will last 24 hours. That's right, everywhere in Argentina...
My Delta flight scheduled to depart at 8:10pm has been delayed until five minutes before midnight. However they are asking everyone to show up at their normal check in time...should be circus like at the airport tomorrow....

Thanks, I also have a flight scheduled tomorrow... I haven't had any information though. I'm brining "Crime and Punishment" to keep me occupied.

Union disrespect? They certainly have a good reason for the strike and will make a strong statement.

Really? I'm pretty sure that the strong statement will be, "please hate us for messing up your travel plans". A once in a decade strike makes a statement, gets news coverage, makes people think. Unfortunately when travel plans are constantly being ruined by strikes (not always the same union, in December it was chicken slaughterers) people just think, "oh those assholes, why do they think they've got the right to screw with the rest of us".

Constant frivolous union activity actually decreases power of organized labor because it consumes the public's (whose opinion matters when politicians pass labor laws or resolve disputes) good will.

Union disrespect? They certainly have a good reason for the strike and will make a strong statement.

They always think they do.....
Whether you think so or not depends on who you talk to.

Oh dear. Girls, strength to you. Been a victim to a general strike (in Rome, Italy, purely accidentally on my first ever flight from Argentina). 16 hours longer than expected, all that after a 13 hour flight BA-Rome. Shit happens. I'll spare you the details of the complete nightmare. Just to say, a good book is a must! So are wet tissues if you intend to keep being a lady (don't get me started on the prices of the VIP lounges in Fiumicino, Italy, aka the one and only shower option, comparable in price to a night worth in VIP hotels).

Back