Notary Public

White Chocolate

Nov 25, 2009
I'm selling a property in the US and therefore need to get a document notarized. Does anyone know where I can get this done? Someone suggested the US embassy but I have not be able to get in touch with them to find out if they offer notary service. If anyone knows where one could get a document notarized here in BA and would let me know I would appreciate it so much! Thanks in advance for your help, Jeff:)
Going to the US Embassy is not a suggestion - it's a requirement. The US embassy is the only place you will find that will give you the notary you need for back in the States.

The Notary Public program is a US only program and no one outside the US provides (or can provide) this service. The Notary Public is much like an Escribano here, and you would not, for example, be able to use a paper that was "escribanized" here in the US.

In addition, you will probably need to make an appointment to get the notary done. Although as a US citizen you are ablet o enter the embassy at will (from what I understand), you are supposed to get an appointment ahead of time. I don't know what they will do if you just show up.

You can go to the US Embassy in Argentina website and find the information on how to make an appointment - basically send an email and someone in the embassy will get back to you.
A few months ago I made an appointment online with the US Embassy to have some paperwork notorized. It was a very easy and painless process. You will get a printout confirming your appointment that you will need to show at the embassy gates for them to let you in... It only took about 30 minutes to get everything done.