Obama as the savior

"citygirl" said:
Just wondering if any of you posting on this thread are US citizens that will be voting in the election?
Yes. I'll have to find some third party -- maybe the Greens.

No snark - I'm always just interested in evaluting posts in the appropriate context.
I'll be happily casting my vote for Obama. I actually was a Hillary supporter but Obama ran the better campaign and deserved to get the nom. Besides, I'm still hoping to see Hill get the Supreme Court nom :)

More on the Messiah at youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nVQaHpOnO8
And from Pat Buchanan:
While the first half of his foreign trip, to Afghanistan and Iraq, was official, the European tour was campaign related. Yet, it was on this leg that a visit to wounded U.S. soldiers had been scheduled. As campaigning in a military hospital is prohibited, the visit was canceled.
But, instead of going ahead and visiting the troops alone, without aides, press or cameras, Barack bailed out and flew on to Paris.
This left the McCain folks an opening to paint Obama as a cold-hearted opportunist avid to visit a military hospital only if he could bring in press and cameras to record his compassion.

I return to the States at the end of the month. Then I'll set about trying to find a third-party candidate whom I could in good conscience vote for (how many times have I done this since I became old enough to vote!). If, as now appears quite possible, I don't find one, I may well write in someone whom I regard as more able than either John McCain or Barack Obama (to put names in alphabetical order): my neighbor, perhaps, an intelligent and successful small businessman, heart of gold and integrity to match.
All this from one who was brought up liberal Republican (remember them? the folks who brought you the end of slavery and the enfranchisement of women?).

"RWS" said:
I return to the States at the end of the month. Then I'll set about trying to find a third-party candidate whom I could in good conscience vote for.
My ever-so-humble opinion is that the current US crisis is a "phase change," from which the US will emerge as a significantly reduced power with a different -- and more acute -- set of problems. Analogous to what occurred to Britain in the long depression of the late 19th century. Yet the media-enforced two-party stranglehold on American political life is so entrenched -- with all that it implies in terms of not discussing real problems, issues, or choices, and with being controlled by the same puppeteers -- that nothing of this comes through in the campaigning, which is, to use a term of Guy Debord, a "society of the spectacle."

Oh boy, there's just too many comments getting way too silly and super naive around here. Let's review the facts... 3rd Party? Forget it, you get to choose one or the other (the younger "guy with the weird name" that says he's a Christian and an American Patriot........ but is he really A true Patriot ??? - Did he drop thousands of bombs on Vietnam peasants in the 60's to prove his love and dedication for this great country ?? I don't think he did, did he ..... more research on this possible enemy spy is in order IMHO... OR, the old, very VERY old corrupt grandpa - Keating Five - that seems to be TOTALLY out of touch,, lies about almost everything and seems to be very jealous of Obama's giant crowds). There's your choices. "Grandpa" or the "Ball Of Confusion" Dude (who AT LEAST knows how to give an EXCELLENT, MOVING speech. Been listening to slurry poorly given speeches by a brain damaged Idiot for the last 7 years so this would be refreshing).

With all that said, if you don't UNDERSTAND that money runs politics and the giant Corporations and super rich individuals basically pay off all the Whores (politicians) in D.C. to get EXACTLY what they want you better go back to High School and take some Government classes..... wait, well, maybe do your own research on this one.....

Next point, the American Government is owned and run by Giant Domestic and Multi-National Corporations and the Military Industrial Complex - we've been in almost constant war - announced to the public or secret (Reagan Years) - since the end of WWII. I thought "DEMOCRACYS" stay out of wars, that's what mush mouth Bush said a while back when he was talking about how bad the Middle East needed to be one giant happy Democracy - it would stop all the fighting (yeah right, get the US and Israel to behave properly and the fighting would basically stop on it's own).

So, if THE PEOPLE think they run/control the US then my advice is to "get real" cause we're just all pawns in their game. They need us and use us for our money (Taxes - not just Federal either) and besides that we're just basically non important jet trash as far as the US Government is concerned.

I'm watching a very bright pleasant 23 year old guy from Oregon on C-Span being interviewed at Walter Reed Military Hospital about his Iraqi War injuries. He no longer has a left arm, is in constant pain, and has spent over a year in the hospital.... do you think the American Government gives a sh*t about this guy? (I'll let you answer) They used him up for what they needed. We're on our own. Wait till the anger sets in into all these wounded/heavily damaged vets in about 20 or 30 years, how many more crazy mall shootings will society have to deal with when these guys realize they were all used for big Oil Money and Masters of War? How many broken households, abused sons and daughters of theirs, wasted lives, wasted people, suicides?? I don't know if Obama is the Savior but I'm f**king 100% sure the rest of 'em are Satan. Dudester

Quoting "Dudester" ¨. . . . they were all used for big Oil Money . . . .¨
I don´t like ¨Dudester¨´s way of saying it but agree with much of the import of what he does write. But part, at least, of the solution is obvious. If one believes that ¨big Oil¨ is abusing him and others, simply boycott. If one continues to buy from oppressors, one is complicit in the oppression. The choice is clear. But how many people will choose to simplify their lives, even by the reduction of comforts, in order to make a choice based upon principles that differ from material benefit? That answer, too, is obvious.

Quoting "bigbadwolf" = ¨My ever-so-humble opinion is that the current US crisis is a "phase change," from which the US will emerge as a significantly reduced power with a different -- and more acute -- set of problems. Analogous to what occurred to Britain in the long depression of the late 19th century. . . .¨
You´re a little more optimistic than I, BBW, though we´re in general agreement. Were I to draw a British parallel, it might be to the 1920s. But I see more similarities instead to early fifth=century Rome.
(I hope that anyone who troubles to read what I write will forgive my odd orthography. I find myself here in Buenos Aires using a keyboard with keys almost entirely devoid of markings. And, as it is a Spanish keyboard and I am a native speaker of English, I´m hindered in what I can do.)

Back