Obamas State Of The Union Speech...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether you like him or not you gotta love his speeches...made me feel almost patriotic..I know there's a lot to be disappointed about with him, but damn,his visions are great, and he knows how to draw his audience in. I give him and his speech writers a 10. Even the republicans conceded his speech was, well, er, "good"....at least there's bipartisan agreement on his oratory skills!
LOL
Talk about stirring the pot.
There is a phrase for people like you young lady: shit disturber. You did good.

I worked as a volunteer on his campaign. Yes I'm disappointed at what hasn't happened. But as a cancer survivor I couldn't get any private health insurance at anything resembling an affordable price so I had to expatriate to have the security of affordable health care.
Now, if I want to return to my native country I have that option. I have Obama to thank for that.
Anyway this was only supposed to be about his ability to give inspiring speeches. At least he talks the talk. He can give us inspiration to walk the walk (even if he doesn't).. And Dennisr thanks so much for calling me a young lady! Make my day! Young at heart anyway...

Could of agreed with this picture but then Crazy Uncle Paul had to be in it. There's real libertarians and fake ones, Paul is the later.

As for the speech it wasn't bad, but it was a speech - only words. I disagree with Obama on a lot, economics, the environment, spying on people, Heritage Care instead of Single Payer, etc, but I won't blame him for the inaction. A large part of the country (the former confederacy and flyover states) don't want what he has to sell and inturn the teabaggers and republicans reflect the will of their constituents. I agree with him that 40-50 votes to repeal a law I don't even fully like is rediculous though and that minimum wages and pay disparities need to be raised and eliminated but again, you have entrenched old Bible Belt white guys that think a woman's place is in the kitchen so you're not going to win there.

All in all a good performance, but call me a synic, the only action that will come from this is executive orders, terrible compromises that screw the average American and poor and finally an NSA "overhaul" that will be window dressing.

P.S. I was REALLY hoping we could go to a page two without the argument going ad-Hitlerum but this is BA Expats...

This is an interesting point. There seems to be a lot of people who say that the President hasn't done anything (forgetting that it's really up to congress to "get things done") but then also chastise him for his use of executive power to do the things that he's able to do without congress. You can't have it both ways!

Disclaimer: I, too, was a strong Obama supporter at the start, but then I remembered that I hate all politicians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back