Off-Topic: 747 Crashing In Afghanistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
The date on the cam is wrong. The crash was yesterday.

Any airplane must be carefully loaded to maintain the center of gravity within a carefully designed and tested zone of the airplane. Cargo aircraft are always loaded so light things are far away from the “CG” and heavier things are closer to the CG. If the cargo inside the 747 were to break loose during take off, it would slide towards the tail, dramatically shifting the center of gravity to the back of the airplane. This would cause the nose to rise dramatically, and without sufficient power to overcome the extremely high angle of attack (the angle between the wing and the flow of air), the air flowing over the wings would “detach” from its normal flow, causing a stall where the wings can no longer generate enough lift to keep the airplane airborne.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/04/30/video-emerges-of-747s-final-moments-in-air-before-deadly-crash-outside-afghan-air-base/

Looking at the video i would guess something broke free and thats why it stalled.

This is why, when I spot an obese person in the cabin before takeoff, I always make sure the hostess ties them down properly.

Seriously speaking about that video, the arc of flight and the inevitability of their last few seconds being alive is quite haunting.

Maybe it's because they need to fly at steep angles to avoid missiles?

Just more money and lives - easy come - easy go - feeding the US Military Industrial Complex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back