Offering to walk dogs?

booms

Registered
Wondered if anyone had any tips. Going to be in BA for a few months and miss dogs.

In the UK, I used to use borrowmydoggy.com so I could pick and choose the types of dog I like to walk (mostly greyhounds and galgos), but that doesn't seem to exist here. That was just nice and flexible and fun.

There's https://www.paseaperros.com.ar/paseadores/buenos-aires but that's for professional dog walkers. I definitely don't want to end up in the Argentinian tax system for a bit of dog walking.

Can anyone recommend some kind of online platform where I can volunteer to do a bit of dogwalking for fun? Again - looking for galgos!

careful, if you do this you will probably piss off some dog walking union :)

Wondered if anyone had any tips. Going to be in BA for a few months and miss dogs.

In the UK, I used to use borrowmydoggy.com so I could pick and choose the types of dog I like to walk (mostly greyhounds and galgos), but that doesn't seem to exist here. That was just nice and flexible and fun.

There's https://www.paseaperros.com.ar/paseadores/buenos-aires but that's for professional dog walkers. I definitely don't want to end up in the Argentinian tax system for a bit of dog walking.

Can anyone recommend some kind of online platform where I can volunteer to do a bit of dogwalking for fun? Again - looking for galgos!
Las herras park in Palermo, every day lots of dogs everywhere to play with.

On Saturday afternoons corner of Las heras and I think colonel Diaz ( big street) there is a group that brings dogs and trys to adopt them away. I have gone and helped out and take some of the dogs for a walk in the park, I will say they are a lot of greyhounds in BA

Las herras park in Palermo, every day lots of dogs everywhere to play with.

On Saturday afternoons corner of Las heras and I think colonel Diaz ( big street) there is a group that brings dogs and trys to adopt them away. I have gone and helped out and take some of the dogs for a walk in the park, I will say they are a lot of greyhounds in BA
Thanks - that's really interesting. Do that charity have galgos? And they're looking for volunteers on Saturday to do the walks?

Thanks - that's really interesting. Do that charity have galgos? And they're looking for volunteers on Saturday to do the walks?
I am not sure what a galgos is. I believe they are always looking for volunteers. I know there are a few other dog adoption groups in the area too. BA has a whole lot of stray dogs living on the streets. These groups round them up, take them to the vets and try and find homes for them. Depending on your time you could go where the dogs are kennel and work to socialize them during the week

I am not sure what a galgos is. I believe they are always looking for volunteers. I know there are a few other dog adoption groups in the area too. BA has a whole lot of stray dogs living on the streets. These groups round them up, take them to the vets and try and find homes for them. Depending on your time you could go where the dogs are kennel and work to socialize them during the week
Galgo is a Spanish Greyhound. What we call "Greyhound" in the USA is an English Greyhound; same as the ones they race in Tijuana and at Del Mar.

"In a village of La Mancha, the name of which I have no desire to call to mind, there lived not long since one of those gentlemen that keep a lance in the lance-rack, an old buckler, a lean hack, and a galgo for coursing."
-- opening sentence of Don Quixote de La Mancha

Back