Official Dollars Anyone?

prettejohn

Registered
I'm interested to know if anyone out there has either obtained or in the process of obtaining official dollars via the new scheme which was introduced last month?

I'm interested in converting my pesos to dollars other than the Paypal route and would appreciate anyone's help with this. Is it something you have to do at the bank?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-25913170

Muchas Gracias!

I'm interested to know if anyone out there has either obtained or in the process of obtaining official dollars via the new scheme which was introduced last month?

I'm interested in converting my pesos to dollars other than the Paypal route and would appreciate anyone's help with this. Is it something you have to do at the bank?

http://www.bbc.co.uk...iness-25913170

Muchas Gracias!
Assuming that you are paying taxes, you need to query at AFIP website and once you are approved there, print out a form and go to your bank.

It is actually a very easy process, assuming you have everything in order tax wise. I queried for a high amount (above 20% of my monthly wage), and the system validated that it was high and approved me for exactly 20% of my wage.

Went to the bank with the print-out, had the pesos debited from my account & and got the cash dollars, no further questions!

It is actually a very easy process, assuming you have everything in order tax wise. I queried for a high amount (above 20% of my monthly wage), and the system validated that it was high and approved me for exactly 20% of my wage.

Went to the bank with the print-out, had the pesos debited from my account & and got the cash dollars, no further questions!

Thank you for the response to my question regarding getting official dollars. I am a taxpayer with a CUIL/CUIT and have now looked at the AFIP website and assume it's the Tramites Operaciones Cambiares section. However I don't know how to obtain a password key in order to get hold of the relevant forms. How did you manage this?
Many thanks

You're lucky. My friend was allowed to purchase some dollars at the official rate, but he can't touch them for a year. Hmmmm.....another corralito coming once everyone has kept their dollars in their frozen bank accounts?

Thank you for the response to my question regarding getting official dollars. I am a taxpayer with a CUIL/CUIT and have now looked at the AFIP websiteand assume it's the Tramites Operaciones Cambiares section. However I don't know how to obtain a password key in order to get hold of the relevant forms. How did you manage this?
Many thanks

Yea, the fiscal key is probably the hardest part of all of this! I got mine way back when they first implemented the regulations for changing money. Basically, you need to determine your AFIP office determined on your current domicile (or the domicile on your DNI, cant remember which I used). Then you basically have to go to the office and wait in line to get called. You will need a photocopy of your document, and I think it is worth it to get one with Biometrics, which is a higher level, that you will need in order to process the returns of taxes at the end of the year. I am not sure if you will need extra stuff for that!

You're lucky. My friend was allowed to purchase some dollars at the official rate, but he can't touch them for a year.

Sounds more like your friend choose that route.

There is a rule that if you dont want to pay the 20% income tax retention, you have to keep the purchased money in your dollar account for at least a year. I chose to pay the retention as I will shortly be making the move back to the US.

I personally see these as quite intelligent rules focused on fighting tax evasion. If these rules were put in place instead of the all-out ban on saving in dollars, would we still have such a difference in the official and market rates?

You're lucky. My friend was allowed to purchase some dollars at the official rate, but he can't touch them for a year. Hmmmm.....another corralito coming once everyone has kept their dollars in their frozen bank accounts
When u are authorized and buy there are two scenarios, you can either leave them in you bank account for one year, or take the with you previous paying 20 per cent income tax surcharge. Your friend chose the first option.

Thank you for the response to my question regarding getting official dollars. I am a taxpayer with a CUIL/CUIT and have now looked at the AFIP websiteand assume it's the Tramites Operaciones Cambiares section. However I don't know how to obtain a password key in order to get hold of the relevant forms. How did you manage this?
Many thanks
you need to get you clave fiscal nivel 3 at your AFIP office, this is done in person.

According to the press, AFIP monkeys are moving the goalposts in a cruel game, the like of which you may see in a fun fair.
Others speak of some totally arbitrary system which largely depends on what side of the bed our benefactors woke up on that morning.

Back