Official Taxi and remises from Ezeiza

Does anyone have a suggestion if you are coming with a lot of luggage? Most of the taxis/cars are a bit "sub-compact" even some of the so-called "wagons".

We are a family of 3 and going to have some baby stuff, and well a lot of bags along with he 3 of us, and I am not comfortable going in separate cabs, and also would like "door to door" due to the above reasons?

Suggestions, experiences, cost? Thanks

The excellent Manuel Tienda Leon Co. has a booth in the arrivals lobby. If you have a lot of luggage, tell them how many pieces and request a Partner or similar. They are utilitarian midge-vans with enough room for five giant suitcases and two dog crates.

A trip to downtown is ARG. $172. You pay cash or by credit card at the booth, get a voucher, and the car will be waiting by the door when you exit. A bit more expensive than regular cabs but worth every penny - I've used them many times and the service is flawless. There's no arguing about fares, as it is paid at the airport - all you have to do is tip the driver if you wish.

Can be booked online at: http://www.tiendaleon.com.ar/home/lista_precios.asp?id_unidad=9

Just my two cents worth - we use WorldCar. Their booth is near Manuel Tienda Leon's. They have larger vehicles available, we have never had a bad experience either to or from EZE - nice drivers, very safe. As of May it was ARG $140 to Palermo Botanico, with a 10% discount on the next trip.

For a large vehicle that could hold 3 people and lots of luggage try the limo service http://www.silverstarcar.com/Owner is an American expat with a Lincoln TownCar. A little more expensive (US$88).

Also you can exit secure area, go to locutorio in terminal, and call one of the big cab cos and ask for a taxi familiar or camionetta to meet you in front of the McDonalds right outside the locutorio. These are small SUVs and can hold 3 pax and lots of bags. The cab should not take more than a few minutes to arrive to the terminal as many cabbies wait just outside the airport for these orders after dropping off an airport pax. Taxi del Plata 4504-7776, 4505-1111, Radio Taxi Pidalo 4932-2222, 4956-1200, Radio Taxi Premium 5238-0000, 4374-6666. Fare with tolls should be no more than 90 pesos.

Or you can use my friend, Elio , a cabbie with a camionetta. He would wait outside the secure area with a sign. Assuming you arrive more or less on time so that he isnt there waiting endlessly, he will take you downtown etc for about 120 pesos. He doesnt speak English but that is not n insurmountable obstacle.

Back