Bus ticket in Chile with official rate.

gatoneko

Registered
Pullman bus kiosk in Salta, Turbus in Mendoza, they sell bus ticket in Chile with official rate.
On the other hand, Argentine companies, (CATA, Andesmar) in Chile side do the same, so buy it online.

I found it amazing that the official rate do exist, and worth posting it here.

Pullman bus kiosk in Salta, Turbus in Mendoza, they sell bus ticket in Chile with official rate.
On the other hand, Argentine companies, (CATA, Andesmar) in Chile side do the same, so buy it online.

I found it amazing that the official rate do exist, and worth posting it here.
"They sell bus tickets to Chile" At the official rate 350 Ars to one dollar? Hence it's more expensive in dollars?

In Argentina, they sell bus tickets to Chile in Argentine peso, and, tickets within Chile at the official rate, converted from Chilean peso to Argentine peso, thus in half the price.

In Chile, they sell bus tickets to/within Argentina in Chilean peso, converted from Argentine peso at the official rate, thus in double the price.

Last edited:
In Argentina, they sell bus tickets to Chile in Argentine peso, and, tickets within Chile at the official rate, converted from Chilean peso to Argentine peso, thus in half the price.

In Chile, they sell bus tickets to/within Argentina in Chilean peso, converted from Argentine peso at the official rate, thus in double the price.
That's only if you buy tickets in person. Thus only at Pullman/Turbus kiosks in Salta, Mendoza (and some locations in the South). I don't think any Chilean bus company has an office in BsAs.

If you're returning from Chile to Argentina, it's better to buy tickets online as you can buy in ARS, rather than in CLP at the official rate in the terminal.

Last edited:
That's only if you buy tickets in person. Thus only at Pullman/Turbus kiosks in Salta, Mendoza (and some locations in the South). I don't think any Chilean bus company has an office in BsAs.

Have you checked out all the international ticket offices in Retiro Bus Station? They are on the level above the departure bays.

Incidentally, does anyone know if there is a similar arrangement at Linears? I always go to Retiro but Linears would probably be more convenient if I could do the same there

Impuesto país doesn't apply to bus trips to países limítrofes as well, or flights to the Falklands

Have you checked out all the international ticket offices in Retiro Bus Station? They are on the level above the departure bays.

Incidentally, does anyone know if there is a similar arrangement at Linears? I always go to Retiro but Linears would probably be more convenient if I could do the same there
I don't live in BA but I know Turbus (Chilean company) go only up to Mendoza. I don't think you can buy bus tickets for intra Chile trip in Retiro menos in Liniers.

Back