Old Furniture

Dublin2BuenosAires

Registered
Any tips for a place to buy cheap 2nd hand furniture in various states of disrepair.

Not interested in Mercado de Puglas as the prices are chronic, nor online stuff as i want to kick the tyres a bit. Looking for just-above-junk furniture.

Needed for somone who is taking a restoration class, so "project furniture" is the need here? Not antiques (unless cheap and in state of disrepair).

Looking for a warehouse or old market selling almost junk furniture.

City or province. Can travel.

Thanks.

Don Orione, Emaus, Ejercito de Salvacion, all in the Pompeya district (you need to go everyday when those places open, starting with Ejercito de Salvacion). The area is not very safe but I never had a problem while I went like 400 times there (once a guy was about to ask me something but he stopped).

Otherwise, small auction houses (others than Naon, Bullrich-Gaona-Wernicke, Sarachaga, Hijos de Martin Sarachaga = those are too fancy) in outcentered districts. It takes time to know them all, here goes one http://www.julioborg.../esp/index.html (don't want to give the full list but they can be found if you search well)

Thanks, had a look at Julio Borgobello's page, looks fancy!... in reality everything will be sanded, painted and re-upholstered beyond recognition, so the stuff on display is a cut above what is required but will make a trip into Pompeya (without shaving, in my hoody!) this week for a look around.

A few ones from Borgobello during the past month (ones I noticed, didn't have much time to go & purchase).
10553314_773626312657564_6099895651767872588_n.jpg

10409397_770600566293472_3371227433965246519_n.jpg

10500291_770028409684021_1143714143653926_n.jpg

My best deal ever (purchased at Ejercito de Salvacion).
About 80/90 paintings from the Galeria Van Riel (purchased for 3500 pesos about 7 years ago)... (Someone is jealous near MDP :p )

stock.jpg

Also, the very cheap vintage shops in the suburbs (but it's time consuming).

Bought a few months ago those kind of furnitures printers use (just showing the drawers, the furniture itself is nice). Paid 2000 pesos for the whole (sells usually for around 6/7000 pesos on Mercadolibre)

meuble2_zps1e1fa768.jpg

Very nice, still a bit on the well maintained side! It's for a beginner restoration class so most will be butchered and pawed at ham fisted many times over. Wont end up on Mercado Libre unless an unknown talent emerges quicker than expected. Interested in wooden furniture as the course my friend is taking will involve sanding, upholstering, staining and painting....hobby restoration stuff (i.e. not for sale) really more than upcycling to sale. Hence the search for really cheap stuff.

Very nice, still a bit on the well maintained side! It's for a beginner restoration class so most will be butchered and pawed at ham fisted many times over. Wont end up on Mercado Libre unless an unknown talent emerges quicker than expected. Interested in wooden furniture as the course my friend is taking will involve sanding, upholstering, staining and painting....hobby restoration stuff (i.e. not for sale) really more than upcycling to sale. Hence the search for really cheap stuff.

So the ones in Pompeya will be the cheapest

Back