Old Furniture

Also, the very cheap vintage shops in the suburbs (but it's time consuming).

Bought a few months ago those kind of furnitures printers use (just showing the drawers, the furniture itself is nice). Paid 2000 pesos for the whole (sells usually for around 6/7000 pesos on Mercadolibre)

meuble2_zps1e1fa768.jpg

Whereabouts did you get that piece? Would you mind posting some of the places you've been out to (in the burbs, we don't mind heading out there). cheers

Whereabouts did you get that piece? Would you mind posting some of the places you've been out to (in the burbs, we don't mind heading out there). cheers

I bought this in a really crappy place in Manuel Alberti. It's kind of it or miss: when you drive in front of such crappy places, you'll stop 99 times for nothing and 1 time you'll find something interesting (in this case, I want to convert the furniture itself to store vintage photos flat, so I need to have new drawers made).

Those printer drawers sell quite well on ML (they convert those to make tables, placing colored seeds in the compartments).
I still have the drawers (don't have much time to sell them on ML = can sell for 300/350 pesos), if you're interested, you'll get an expat price (2000 pesos for the 20 drawers... Will make the furniture free for me :p )

Anything of any interest in Capilla del Senor or is it priced for city day trippers & tourists? I was thinking about heading out for the day sometime in Sept/Oct.

Anything of any interest in Capilla del Senor or is it priced for city day trippers & tourists? I was thinking about heading out for the day sometime in Sept/Oct.

There used to be one small antique shop in the first building on the right when you enter the village (nearby the aweful parrilla mentioned above), right nearby the river, but last time I went, it was empty.. Found 18th century etchings (large format) showing China for a fair price, also an Art Deco tea/coffee set (paid a bit too much). Not sure if they'll reopen for spring/summer.

There's another antique shop, quite large, when you follow the flow of cars entering the village (it's on a corner on the left, about 4 to 7 blocks when entering the village): vintage clothing, embroided things very very fairly priced (they also bought all the costumes of an old live theater). They also have plenty of furniture, paintings, etc. The only piece of furniture I liked was a 1950 design armchair, but it was way overpriced.

Also, when on Panamericana going to Capilla, there's a first cheap crappy place kind of "remate" = lots of cheap things but plenty of junk (quite big). Never found something interesting but worth going there every saturday morning if living close.
A bit later, before the Capilla exit, there's another kind of "remate" crappy place that used to organize remates twice a month (sunday if I recall). Lots of junk but well, worth going there over & over (only funny thing I found was a ZX Spectrum from the 1980s, complete with the box... reminded me the good ol'days.. Didn't buy it though). They also sell live chicken & rabbits, weird place. Not sure if they keep making those remates (looked kind of dead last time I drove by).

In fact, for cheap wooden & antique/vintage furniture, it's good to cruise around in this region (San Antonio de Areco, Capilla, Lujan). There are good probabilities to find interesting things, but it's really hit or miss.

O

Other places that came to my mind this morning: the antique shops on the colectora alongside Panamericana (there are for example 3 or 4 nearby the Del Viso/Ing. Maschwitz exit), but they are more expensive than the crappy places you'll find inside villages nearby.

Funny one, bought another printer's cabinet (for 2.500 pesos = way cheaper than on ML).

Karma might have done its job here = was driving my neighbor (old & pennyless lady) to the small village nearby so that she doesn't lose 3 hours taking the bus, etc. I had 30 mins to spend while waiting for her so I went to look in this crappy place... And here it was!

imprim1_zps1f420c86.jpg

meuble-2_zpscbb59540.jpg

Back