Old Reader, New Poster

whatadahl

Registered
Hello!

I've been reading this forum for quite a while, but have never registered until now. I actually used to read it while I lived in Guayaquil, Ecuador since there wasn't a great forum for expats in Ecuador at the time!

I am currently living in Maryland but will be relocating to Cordoba in late December/early January for a teaching position at a private elementary school. Unfortunately there is a major lack of info for foreigners in Cordoba, so BsAs will suffice. :)

I've been to BsAs and the other major cities many times, and have some friends who live in Cordoba that were flatmates of mine in Ecuador. No news to you, but the economic and political climate from 3 years ago until now....wow.

Any of you have any info or tips on Cordoba? As I mentioned, I've been there, loved it, but that was a few years ago and I was strictly touring for a month or so. I was lucky enough to be in Ecuador, with the use of USD, and while their economic situation is ever-changing, it seems Argentina is on quite the roller coaster.

Thanks guys!

P.S. Double thanks for providing me with some great reading material over the past few years, especially while I was abroad!

Firstly welcome to the forums! I hope my post will help bump yours up to the front of 'New Posts' and that you'll get help from people with more knowledge of Cordoba.

I would recommend making sure your contract makes sure your domestic and foreign salaries are appropriated better so you may save your dollars whilst you live and work in Argentina.

That said, you'll have a great time here no doubt and there are many places to see and things to do during your holidays - just make sure you've got something to return to once you've ended your time here.

Back