One of the Many On My Block

gsi16386

Registered
I've seen so many of these on my street that I finally decided to take a picture of one. This is off of Soler in between Juan B Justo and Humboldt, funny thing is there are cameras on all corners of this street, yet these breakins seem to happen on a daily basis.

I also find it shocking that people continue to park there cause if you look down after you get out of your car, you can see all the broken glass on the floor. Sometimes you can see the whole window ripped out just laying there. Just amazing...

Attachments

• iphone 048.jpg
    iphone 048.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 127
I came here at the beginning of the year. One of the first things I noticed is that many vehicles do seem to get broken into. I do not think I would have a car here unless I had private parking for it.

Caz said:
I came here at the beginning of the year. One of the first things I noticed is that many vehicles do seem to get broken into. I do not think I would have a car here unless I had private parking for it.

Leave it open with a cheap stereo and a small sign nearby (well, if the delinquent knows how to read :p) saying ---> Mi stereo esta re-barata boludo

And live a happy life :D

There used to be a "no tengo estereo" sticker in the 80's, but your idea is far better! :D

I was walking through Abasto not that long ago and some guys on a bike pulled right up to the window of a car about a metre away from me and smashed in the window and pulled the stereo right out of the dashboard. It was broad day light and there were a number of people on the street. Nobody even batted an eyelash and just went on with their day.

Lee said:
Nice thought...but I wonder just how happy ones life can actually be when they are forced to do that in order to simply have something like a car.

People who work hard and have the money to have "nice things" must certainly be discouraged to have to resort to tactics like that.

Really kills the motivation to strive for more in this society. IMHO

I wish it came down to just "working hard."

FeelGoodLost said:
I was walking through Abasto not that long ago and some guys on a bike pulled right up to the window of a car about a metre away from me and smashed in the window and pulled the stereo right out of the dashboard. It was broad day light and there were a number of people on the street. Nobody even batted an eyelash and just went on with their day.

well...you too, right?

I think more than anything it was just interesting to see how much the locals are so unaffected and accustomed to crime and theft in this city.

Back