Open A Us Bank A/c In The Us

Dublin2BuenosAires

Registered
Any know if I can open a US bank account in miami , have european passport and argentine residence. Friend here tells me he opened one using the address of the hotel?

Thanks.

Very doubtful. However I think you can go to a Charles Schwab office and open an account as a foreign national. You get a brokerage account and a bank account. And a debit card. You can check the application on line. Good luck

I think you can go to a Charles Schwab office and open an account as a foreign national. You get a brokerage account and a bank account.

Charles Schwab does not open bank accounts for foreigners. Even for american citizens they require to have a normal residential address in the USA.

Believe you need to show a drivers license andor passport plus you have to have a social security number. A long time ago you might have been able to, but for about the last ten years you can't . It may be possible for a US citizen to open an account in trust for you, or some other special category account, joint or special savings, but that I don't know for sure and am doubtful...

You can open a US bank account just with your passport, and you can use your home country´s domicile. I know many Argentine who did it in the last 2 or 3 years.

I was doubtful when my friend told me, but I have a free day in miami on monday so i guess nothing to lose, might as well try.

I was doubtful when my friend told me, but I have a free day in miami on monday so i guess nothing to lose, might as well try.

A Glasgow friend of mine did so several years ago, but he had a visiting teaching job at Berkeley, and used his Canadian passport.

Got mine with BOA while on vacation, showed my passport and filled out an ITIN. Had it for 4 years now, use family address though

Back