Opening a bank account in the US without a residential address within the United States

Ciro

Registered
Does anyone know of a US bank that will let me open an account without having a residential address in the US? I am relocating to ARG and consequently need to know how to access my funds when I get there. My current bank in the US needs a physical address in the US, which I will not have when I move.

Check mail forwarding services for expats. People who live in their boats use that. Some companies provide a physical US address.

I informed Chase that I was moving to Argentina and they changed my address accordingly.

Check mail forwarding services for expats. People who live in their boats use that. Some companies provide a physical US address.
This is the average reply I've been getting when calling banks: The US federal banking regulations require all bank accounts to have a registered real "physical" address. This is why banks are required to ask for a physical address when opening a new account.

I use my brother's address in the USA for this. It is a minor pain in the butt.

get a box at a UPS store. it's not a PO box so it will work just fine.

get a box at a UPS store. it's not a PO box so it will work just fine.
Address validation databases can tell the difference between residential and commercial addresses.
Even if it's not a PO box, it will still be labeled as a "commercial" address in the database.

Ciro,
Do you have any friends or relatives in the USA who can receive your bank mail for you?

Alternatively, maybe you don't need to update your address right away?
Probably you can arrange forwarding with US Mail service for several months.

Back