Opening A U$ Bank Account In Colonia

mujoe

Registered
Does anyone know if it's possible to open a U$ bank account in Colonia, having a Argentine DNI and residence, but having a French passport ? Thanks so much for your input.

Bonjour,

Yes you can. Here you go ->
http://baexpats.org/topic/24913-afip-going-too-far/page__st__10#entry195906

What would be the advantage of having a US$ bank account in Colonia? If it means having to go to Colonioa every time that you wanted U.S. dollars, it doesn't sound like a good idea.

I think it comes down to wiring money in and out easier.. instead of 4 % fees at a cueva to bring money in and the worry and trust issues ...many people go to colonia anyway to get the 90 day stamp and if they can forward money to the us dollar account they can pick up 5000 dollars or even 10k at the bank and head back to ba... it depends on the person and the situation,

I've had a US dollar account there since last year - and it is the more practical solution for me sometimes...

Ok, so for me, instead of trying to open one account in AR, instead go to Uruguay and open my Dollar account over there, for my possible Japanese gastronomic eatery incorporation in Bs As..?

Also way safer than trying to exchange their Pesos for my Dollars as instructed by a few AR residents saying to me: You can deposit your US $ into my account 1st then I will give you AR $ here!

Yeah, right! Sweet con-time on the horizon!

But thinking,readin' it here it is ideal to open an account in UR...

Merci beaucoup Frenchie for your link and your advise! Sorry for not replying earlier but been a bit busy since the weekend.
I just have one more question though: what if I can't prove monthly income at this point ?
I just want to open the account, put a minimum deposit in it, and in a few months have money wired from the USA to it.
Is that still possible ?

Back