::: Ordering Art Supplies From The Usa ...possible?

Artur

Registered
anyone managed to do this without having to take a trip to Aduana?

i got a ton of paint/brushes i need that i simply cant find locally.

thanks!

Artur

I have not heard of anyone successfully doing this lately.
best policy is- eat local- if you dig around, there are actually some pretty decent brushes made in argentina.
and
use mules- that is, get a friend to bring it in checked luggage.

these are the tried and true methods that work.

Macri has helped the big wine exporters, and soybean farmers, but, so far, he is not interested in helping artists.

im on the phone now with Fedex.. will post an update.

[ UPDATE ]

1. Fedex claims that they can deliver the materials door-to-door.
2. I would have to pay the Tarrif Fees upon delivery ( Cash or Ccard ) - * not sure what the fees are though ..50%?
3. After the order arrives in EZE, i have to fill out form #4550 with Afib..and wait 24-48hrs for it to be approved, then Fedex starts delivery.

Conclusion. i will be looking for other standard methods ;-)

THANKS!

air travel tips for paints: http://faso.com/fineartviews/49877/air-travel-tips-for-artists

Have you been to the artist supply store at Juncal 1165 (between 9 de Julio and Arenales) ?

The artist supply store is indeed at Juncal 1165. Juncal 1165 is between 9 de Julio and Libertad. Sorry.

It can be done but you have to consider whether the time and extra cost is worth it. Personally I wouldn't encourage anyone to do it just to have items that belong to you held to ransom to keep someone in a job.

I am selling all my oil paints here in BsAs. They are professional grade. PM me if you'd like to see what I have.
Most airlines prohibit oil paints. I had to send mine by land from one place to another in the US.

Back