out of frustration!!

jojoinba

Registered
In keeping with a post by LadyBehindtheCurtain I also have been here 3 weeks and while I have a couple of friends that I try and go to museums with and enjoy the great food and Argentinian customs, I dont really have an avenue to meet new people that are around my age and doing what Im doing.
Ive done a couple things with an expat group but the people that go to those things are a) older than me or b) have already been here for 6 months or more...
even the people at my language studio have all been here for a period of time and i am having a hard time finding people in my situation with energy and want to go out and experience the vibrance that this city has...
i keep trying to make connections but find that some of these people, while temporarily saying hi and making polite conversation, just dont seem to be making the connection with me that i desire..
i try to do as much as i can in the daytime whether it's enjoying the day and going for walks or going to a museum...
this isn't really a cry for help...or maybe it is...i dont know
i still dont have a job yet and dont want to spend all my time on my computer...im ready to be found...

I think it's to be expected. You go to events, you meet people, but you've got to expect that it's going to be lonely when you first move to a new place. I mean, part of the reason that I came here was to challenge myself. If I wanted to have a thousand best friends without working for it, I could have stayed where I was. Frankly, you're the one who has to make it happen though -- it's all you. That's why we're here, or at least why I am.

Don't sweat it, you just got here and it's good to feel lonely. Sorry to be the fag that quotes Streisand, but you know "People who need people" and all that ...

uh thanks i think....i can only do so much....i try to make it happen eh, but man i dont wanna feel like giving up if i get nowhere...and at the same time, im a girl..i cant just do what i and go where i want..i have to be careful all the time..especially cuz i stick out...and a lot of events and things cost more than you think to be a part of...im trying to meet people without killing the cash have at the same time....but these expat organizations are useful and useless at the same time...i dont meet who i want to meet...im hoping this website will help

Hey =) We're two Norwegian students, Joe and Marianne, both aged 24 that just arrived in Buenos Aires, will stay here for 2 months at least and looking forward to meeting new people. Will start a language course on monday, got any plans for the weekend? =)

Cheers

how nice...saturday im doing a polo thing all day outside of the city...should be very informative...saturday night, myself and my two american friends are going to a club..not sure which one...care to join? let's get a crew going :)

i already am taking spanish classes....im not asking for another school..im asking for events and people to speak up

Lee said:
Maybe you could post your Facebook page (if you have one) or something like that so that people can know about you (interests, etc) and perhaps that way of networking will allow more people that you might have something in common with here in BA and led to connections?

Just a thought...

while your suggestion is appreciated, posting my faceboook page is waaaaay to personal considering there are people that are on here solely to prey on foreigners and in my opinion i need to get to know someone first before i share facebook with them...that has like my whooole life on there....if connections are to be created, then asking about hobbies and interests takes like 2 seconds to do....

jojoinba said:
while your suggestion is appreciated, posting my faceboook page is waaaaay to personal considering there are people that are on here solely to prey on foreigners and in my opinion i need to get to know someone first before i share facebook with them...that has like my whooole life on there....if connections are to be created, then asking about hobbies and interests takes like 2 seconds to do....
I hadn't thought about that either... because I'm on here looking for help for preying on locals.

Hmmmmm, I've got to change my target. :eek:

Back