Outdoor clothing for Patagonia

stevexpat

Registered
I am planning a trip to Patagonia and need to find a good jacket, boots, gloves, etc.

I have this stuff at home and don't want to spend a lot of money on it here for one time use. Wondering if anyone knows where I could find this type of equipment inexpensive or second hand in BA?

Check out the Outlets from Montagne chain. They are listed on their website:
http://www.montagneoutdoors.com.ar/
It´s not dirt cheap but if you go to the outlets you will spend less.

As far as second-hand stuff you could try the Salvation Army in Pompeya (Saenz 580) but I doubt you will find much quality...it´s pretty hit or miss.

Try craigslist too!

if you travel to El Chalten there is an outdoor store in town that rents gear (we rented rain pants), but it sounds like you are wanting to rent gear in BA, travel to patagonia, then return the equipment in BA, correct?

I found the quality and prices of gear to be much better in the states. If you have the gear, why not bring it with you?

Actually I was looking to buy some second hand gear, but I would rent also. I am already in BA, so I can't bring gear from the US. I didn't bring my gear because I had space limitations.

stevexpat said:
Actually I was looking to buy some second hand gear, but I would rent also. I am already in BA, so I can't bring gear from the US. I didn't bring my gear because I had space limitations.

It would have been cheaper to pay to bring an extra bag...

Just sayin'.

Back