Over Stayed Visa

michaelc

Registered
Hi fellow expaters - I know this is a topic often covered, but I have a bit of a special situation that the normal guidelines do not apply to. I am currently over stayed on my tourist VISA, as I decided not to do the border jump as I am leaving the country at the end of January (most likely for good) after 5 wonderful years.

I have recently been approached about performing a gig (I am a club DJ) in Cordoba just before I leave. They are offering me a flight to/from so my question is do they check VISA status' for domestic flights? I would think yes as you do give your passport #. If this is the case, can I simply pay the over stay fine and continue on the trip or is it required that exit the country at that point?

I am leaving for Péru the following week, so it doesn't make sense to do a Uruguay trip.

Anyones input, recommendations, advice with first hand experience or direct knowledge to something similar is greatly appreciated.

-Michael.C

Never heard of visa status control on domestic flights? Must pay overstay when you Exit the country....!
Good luck

Thank you Rich One - I don;t mind paying the fine - just want to make sure. Cheers and happy new year.

Back